Ignition bits..

J

justin666

Does anyone know the part numbers and rough prices for the following...???

Coil
Ignition Module / Amp

..???

Cheers

J...

J

justin666

let me guess.. another example of nissan robbin us blind.!! :(

Cheers for the number tho dude :)

J...

J

justin666

All problems solved.. :D Best bit, Cost me nothing :D

Basically car had a slight missfire at 5K and it was seriously affecting the power.!! Plus it was runnin pretty rich.!! After searching through many a helpfull thread on here I was pretty sure it was either the coil, ignition module or MAF.

Anyways, Took the coil off and cleaned it all up.. Removed ignition module and discovered that it was coated in muck and oil.!!! The metal plate on the underside was thick with grime.!!! Cleaned it all up, cleaned all the connectors and put it all cack together :)

All i can now say is wwwoooooo!!!!!!!!! :D Different car.!!! Low down power is now awsome and ya can really feel the boost building now as it just slams you back in the seat.!!!! :D It doesnt stink of fuel any more and its runnin so well :D As you can guess, Im pretty happy :D

Gonna reground the MAF later today just to cover everything and hopefully thats all the niggley engine bits sorted 8)

Just thought I would let you all know anyway cause i know how much you like to hear about fixes that cost nothing :D

J..

P

Paul Firth

I'm not sure if it's the same on the R, but on some cars you have a special grease on the metal plate underneath the ignition amplifier to help heat transfer and they are liable to break without it. Like I say I'm not sure if the R uses it or not though, you'd have to check the manual.

J

justin666

Paul Firth said:
I'm not sure if it's the same on the R, but on some cars you have a special grease on the metal plate underneath the ignition amplifier to help heat transfer and they are liable to break without it. Like I say I'm not sure if the R uses it or not though, you'd have to check the manual.
If it needs this "special grease" then its easy enuf to take the thing off and do it :) It was oil and muck that I clean off the thing which I think had got under it cause one of the bolts holdin it down was not tight.

At the end of the day tho its like a different car so the crap that was under it, over it, on it must have been affectin something.!! So stop pissin on my fire :D :lol: :wink: <joke>

Cheers for that tho mate, Will dig the manual out to check this grease thing :)

J..

J

justin666

jiw said:
wow i might try that, it sounds like my intermitent fault :D
Cheap, easy, 10 mins work, did it for me :D All the hesitation low down the rev range has now gone. :D !! My Missfire at 5K has gone. :D !! it doesnt stink of optimax anymore :D Spool up is better :D I personally cant believe that such a small thing has made such a difference.

Im gonna stick it on the rollers tomorrow for a power run just to see. Last time (about 5 weeks ago) i made 286.3 at a shade over 1 bar and you could see on the graph where the power dropped at 5k.!! Will see how it goes tomorrow :D

J...