ICE set-up advice

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I'v got a Parrot bluetooth kit in my car which runs through the wiring loom and standard car speaker wires. I wish to keep this in use so can't run my front speakers from my amp but only from my headunit.

I'v got a amp, set of 6*9's and a sub in my garage collecting dust. What would be the best set-up to run? I'v got some uprated front speakers to go in the doors but didn't know what would be the best in the back i.e sub of 6*9's?

youngsyp

If you going for a system that offers good sound quality, along with good imaging etc... then you want the front speakers to do all the work and any rear speakers to just add 'fill'.
If you wan't it to go loud though, and aren't worried about the 'purest' way of doing things, stick the 6x9 speakers on an 18mm MDF parcel shelf and power them in tri-mode with the sub in the boot. Stick the uprated front speakers in, as you have them !

Paul

kenan

South West Regional Rep
The only other option I can think of is fitting a small speaker somewhere in the dash/door for the blue tooth unit... I'll have to get out in my car this weekend and investigate

youngsyp

I'm sure you can buy a specific handsfree kit loudspeaker, that coud in th space infont of the gear lever, under the ashtray....

Paul

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Yeah you can, but I really like the unit I have. Was planning to take it out after getting the car but now can't live without it . . like me creature comforts (why buy an R then I hear you say)

N

nellypayton

just put the uprated door speakers in and use the origional wire it dosent make a difference, they are never anywhere near as powerful as 6x9s running off an amp, but still ok, wire your sub in and just fade the sound to the rear by -2 you will still have good sound from the front and amazing sound from the back, (loud) ill take it you have a 4 channel amp? if so youll be fine. oh and also if your head unit is powerful e.g 4x50w the door speakers should be fine as a lot of people run 6x9s off there head unit.

youngsyp

kenan said:
Yeah you can, but I really like the unit I have. Was planning to take it out after getting the car but now can't live without it . . like me creature comforts (why buy an R then I hear you say)
Nope, I wouldn't say that !

The reason I'll be moving away from the GTiR is because of it's comfort level etc...

I had some stereo equipment in mine for a time but, never used it so, it went !

It's your car mate, do with it as you will ! ;-)

Paul

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Yeah it's a 4 channel amp.

Think I'll have to go and put it in and see what it sounds like and try different set-ups.

Going to make a MDF parcel shelf as the standard one is rattling its tits off

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I just want to be able to turn the stereo up when the mood takes me and hear it over the goose till I find a replacement

davey red.r

youngsyp said:
Nope, I wouldn't say that !

The reason I'll be moving away from the GTiR is because of it's comfort level etc...

I had some stereo equipment in mine for a time but, never used it so, it went !

It's your car mate, do with it as you will ! ;-)

Paul
be sorry to see you go matey:sad: :lol:

davey;-)

youngsyp

davey red.r said:
be sorry to see you go matey:sad: :lol:

davey;-)
Yeah, I'm sure !! :lol:

It's not going to be until next summer.... It'll take me that long to make my mind up what car I want next !! :doh: :lol:

Paul

youngsyp

kenan said:
Think I'll have to go and put it in and see what it sounds like and try different set-ups.

Going to make a MDF parcel shelf as the standard one is rattling its tits off
That all sounds like the best idea mate.

The MDF shelf will help with the sound reproduction from the 6x9 speakers too. It should improve their bass output quite markedly !

Paul