I need help with Brembo brakes

5GTIR

Hi there, I'm new to the club and hoping someone can help me with my Brembo issue! I've recently purchased my first Pulsar (from Jason Gant) after years of wanting one! On the car is a Brembo 4 pot conversion which is great, unfortunately I have an issue with a cracked disc. I'm trying to source a new set but having a nightmare so far. The discs are 300mm grooved two piece and have a 10 bolt x 178-80 (hard to measure without correct tools) PCD Bell. I've removed the discs and inspected them but there is no indication as to where they came from or who makes them. I've spoken to Brembo and they say they dont do a kit, Hi spec only do 176 PCD, and it does'nt seem like Wilwood do the right size either. Does this sound familier to anyone? Does anyone know where I can get a new set? Thanks:?

5GTIR

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry I should have said....they're front discs. I asked Jason straight away but he said he wasn't sure where they came from. The cars got an extensive history and in the box of paperwork I have is an invoice for a Wilwood 285mm kit though the discs on there are definately 300mm and the Calipers are obviously not Wilwood either. Jason did say however that he thought the Brembos had been fitted with a custon bracket, and it would seem that way as Brembo have told me they don't do a kit for the Pulsar. What do you reckon? where do I go from here?

5GTIR

Thanks Kev.......I saw that one earlier. I've tried to call him but he hasn't picked up yet, though it's definately a good starting point. From the picture they look about the right size and the groove pattern also looks very similar if not the same. I hope he has some answers!

Thanks, Ben

5GTIR

I read a section in a post earlier that mentioned Godspeed and Brembo kits though the person that posted had'nt had a very good experience with them by the sounds of it. Nevertheless it would definately be worth getting in touch with them and getting some information on the bits they use for the conversion. Thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What thickness is the disc? My Godspeed rear 300mm disc has a different pcd (plus it's not vented)

5GTIR

Yes the R I bought from Jason is black.......you know the car?

The front discs are 22mm thick

youngsyp

ashills said:
maybe a godspeed kit using the brembos off the fiat coupe or vw's
I agree with Allen. I think it's a Godspeed kit.

If it is, the front discs will be 308mm in diameter.

Stick a picture up of the discs. We should be able to tell you from that !

Paul

youngsyp

5GTIR said:
Yes the R I bought from Jason is black.......you know the car?

The front discs are 22mm thick
Yep, that's a Godspeed kit.

I measured the thickness of my Godspeed discs a weekend or so ago and they were 22mm thick too. ;-)

Paul

5GTIR

Thanks guys, it does sound like it could be a god speed kit, the only thing that I question is the fact that the discs seem to be 300mm and not 308mm......do they supply more then one size disc or are they only 308mm? Regardless their is almost certainly enough clearance to fit 308mm discs. Does the kit use 10 bolts holding the disc and the bell together and what PCD are they? mine seems to be between 178 and 180mm. Also the distance from where the bell touches the outside edge of the disc to the outside edge of the bell itself, seems to be 30mm offset......does this sound about right for the godspeed kit?. I'll try and post a picture of the disc tommorow. Thanks to all who have got back to me so far...........what a great club!!!!!

Animaldaz

Do they look like this? This is my godspeed 308mm set up. Sorry cant help you out with any measurements as my car is in storage

youngsyp

5GTIR said:
Thanks guys, it does sound like it could be a god speed kit, the only thing that I question is the fact that the discs seem to be 300mm and not 308mm......do they supply more then one size disc or are they only 308mm?
Godspeed only do a 285mm and 308mm front disc set up iirc. They certainly don't do a 300mm kit for the front though !

As was mentioned above, you should be able to fit the later Fiat 20V turbo coupe discs on with those calipers. They're 300mm in diameter but, 28mm thick so, will be a lot more efficient.

That seems like a nice brake set up though !

Paul

5GTIR

Thanks guys for the info, I've emailed Godspeed and I'm now just waiting for a response so hopefully I should have it sorted soon......I hope. I need to feel some proper brakes!!!!!!!

5GTIR

Well just got an email from Godspeed telling me they do a 300mm x 22mm disc with a 178 PCD for 250 squids plus 15 on the postage!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little pricey me thinks.....but then again when approaching a large roundabout at warp speed factor 5, I dont think I'll be thinking about the dosh......hmm maby after the roundabout.

Good work guys.......you certainly know your s**t