I need a new Clutch.. But which one?

Paul

I'm replacing my clutch and have been advised to get a standard clutch friction plate and release bearing but a HKS pressure plate. Doe's anyone know where I could get a HKS pressure plate.. Or have any other recommendations on which clutch I should get?

boost

Hi paul, just seen your wanted ad, just to let you know if your interested i have a brand new never used still in the box helix clutch kit that i did not end up using.

If your interested them pm me and i will give you the details.

cheers

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Do HKS still make a cover plate for the GTi-R? It might sound a little stupid, but you can't get the Nismo one any more and if you're running a standard friction plate it can't be anything other than their "Light Action Single" units.

I'd suggest the Helix too. How much power are you making (or aiming for); that governs whether you want the "normal" or the "heavy" cover plate? - I'm wary of using a standard friction plate, but only because the clutch in mine was completely shredded when we pulled it out.

Paul

Do HKS still make a cover plate for the GTi-R? It might sound a little stupid, but you can't get the Nismo one any more and if you're running a standard friction plate it can't be anything other than their "Light Action Single" units.

I'd suggest the Helix too. How much power are you making (or aiming for); that governs whether you want the "normal" or the "heavy" cover plate? - I'm wary of using a standard friction plate, but only because the clutch in mine was completely shredded when we pulled it out.
I'm hoping to get over or around 300bhp but would still like some sort of everyday drivability as my mrs will be using the car too and I don't want her struggling everytime she uses it. I've only ever driven cars with standard clutches so am a bit wary as to which one I should get.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've got the Helix in mine; I'm not sure which cover plate it is, but I'd guess the standard one. - That's quite drivable and my wife doesn't complain about it... just the exhaust noise.

velly4

When I bought my R i thought it had a standard clutch was shocked when it was removed to find an Exedy pressure & clutch plate, below is the part number. Done a few hillclimbs and supersprints with it & it held on really well. Your Mrs would have no issue driving it with one of these.
Not sure what its like getting these in the UK though

http://clutchfinder.exedy.com.au/
NSK-7297HDCB

Paul

When I bought my R i thought it had a standard clutch was shocked when it was removed to find an Exedy pressure & clutch plate, below is the part number. Done a few hillclimbs and supersprints with it & it held on really well. Your Mrs would have no issue driving it with one of these.
Not sure what its like getting these in the UK though

http://clutchfinder.exedy.com.au/
NSK-7297HDCB
Cheers for the information Velly i'll take a look.

skiddusmarkus

HKS is good for standardish but if you plan on going over 300bhp or so I wouldn't bother as it can slip.Helix has got to be the best all rounder for the money.

vss irvine

hks coverplates cause quite a heavy pedal paul, best stick with a helix or daiken (exedy)

if you do want to go hks, ive got one available