Hesitation/miss-fire Help Please running out of time!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
So when you say "same thing", do you mean it died in exactly the same way? In other words you fixed the symptom but not the cause?

Juggs

I mean that the second engine i fitted seems to have failed in the same way as in the bottom end started knocking.

It wasn't under the same load as last time, in fact i had drove the car about for a couple of days and all seemed well with no real problems, in fact the a.f.r's seemed better and after a bit of trial and error with the ignition timing it seemed pretty quick.

I managed about 200-250 miles on this engine then i was sitting in the slow lane at 60mph taking it easy and the oil temp began to rise.
I kept an eye on it as it rose from around a third to over half way under no load so alarm bells started to ring, once pulled over i could here it was knocking from the crank again at around 2500rpm.
As it was in a bit of a dangerous place so i attempted to drive to a safe place to investigate further by which time i lost all oil pressure and the knocking got noticeably louder.

I did not carry out much work to the engine before install just dropped the sump, cleaned oil pick up pipe and the two that are accessible when removing the rocker cover.
I carried out two oil changes as the engine had been stood but that is all.

Are you saying that this sounds as though it could be linked to my previous problem but with the second engine?