Helix clutch

Animaldaz

Hey guys,
Anyone know where to buy a helix clutch? other than Rallynuts, mardi-gras or demon tweeks. All of those are coming out at over £400! once the vat and delivery are on.

I'm only after the normal organic kit and this seems a bit steep to me. It's maybe the fact I haven't got used to the 20% vat but thought it was worth an ask.

Cheers all

GTI-R Nath

Helix clutch prices are pretty good considering they can hold over 400BHP, with the heavy duty cover, and im pretty sure that you wont find them anywhere else cheeper than £400

Yup buddy, just cough up lol.
Get what you pay for though, i`ve had the helix ceramic in mine with the heavy duty cover for the last 4 years and its still going strong.
Even after 16 6000 rpm launches up the 1/4 mile last month :)

red reading

I had two Helix Organics in my car years ago and both failed on me running 280bhp and 250lb/ft.
Un-lucky, Where they just a standard replacement? as there has been a fair few of us that were running 450bhp thru them ( i was running 420 lb/ft) but they were the uprated cover over there standard. my old car ran 300/300 and i used to launch that alot and never did the clutch break or slip (just the gearbox broke!!) and that was a helix organic with the uprated cover too.

bracpan

I had two Helix Organics in my car years ago and both failed on me running 280bhp and 250lb/ft.
As you said it was years ago think they have developed since then, I have raced with a helix clutch for 5 years with 400bhp and Hill Climb and Sprint standing starts and its stood up very well,,very good value comparied with multi plate clutches.

nimhbk

I've got one with about 1000 miles on it
It's at my friends house at the mo.
But if you can wait three four days I will send you some pictures and then you can tell me what's its worth to you