GTIROC Trackday 2010

warpspeed

no i had the red n13 zx, spoke to the lad with the blue pulsar, he's a member on here but i can't remember his user id, i'm terrible with names!

johnsy

Does any one require a room at the hotel that everyone is staying in???

im about to cancel it tommorow but if any one would like to transfer the booking let me know,

im still attending the trackday but funds are low,gonna drive down on the day!

P

pulsarboby

yes thousands are allowed lol, you can walk to different parts of the curcuit too if you so wish

bob the builder

come on andy you have had plenty of time to get your car fixed. i stripped mine and rebuilt it in the time youve been winging about yours.lol.
so if yours isnt there and bob brings the megabusa then that only leaves 4 r's left. poor show.
is it still free for passengers? if so i will take you out in mine skidusmarksus(if she holds together)

johnsy

the more spectators the better..............its more to help push my car on to the main road when it blows up!

impretty sure passengers are free too,

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
come on andy you have had plenty of time to get your car fixed. i stripped mine and rebuilt it in the time youve been winging about yours.lol.
Pah, I wish I had the time to look at it.

At the moment its out of one office and then into another, can't even get near the bloody thing never mind to even try working on it.

I know what its doing, just need to work out what's casing it...

P

pulsarboby

so if yours isnt there and bob brings the megabusa then that only leaves 4 r's left. poor show.
is it still free for passengers? if so i will take you out in mine skidusmarksus(if she holds together)

il know tomorrow if my cars gonna make it, its looking good though i must say

just drive it andy it cant be much wrong with it and if its anything to do with the engine itself then its a deaden anyways lol

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
just drive it andy it cant be much wrong with it and if its anything to do with the engine itself then its a deaden anyways lol
Err...no!

Not when after a little boost the cast manifold is bright red!!!

I think I'll fix it before it goes on track ;-)

P

pulsarboby

Err...no!

Not when after a little boost the cast manifold is bright red!!!

I think I'll fix it before it goes on track ;-)

it can only either be the timing is out or possibly a defective injector/s or turbo has seized.
if youve checked all the above and all is ok then the only other solution is that you have some serious detting problem going on in which case the engine will be already boogered

what did the plugs look like when you took them out?

I've still got this date booked off work, I booked it off when it first came up, but then decided £130 was to much for my little pockets! Shame really too because it looks like your running short on R's!
Andy, ... you got to find some time mate, otherwise you'll have the two Bob's ribbing you! LOL! :)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
it can only either be the timing is out or possibly a defective injector/s or turbo has seized.
if youve checked all the above and all is ok then the only other solution is that you have some serious detting problem going on in which case the engine will be already boogered

what did the plugs look like when you took them out?
Plugs look fine:

Turbo still spins, listening to my injectors they are ticking away nicely.

Only thing that needs to be checked is my timing by someone with half a and right now that's not me.

Car is going into the shop tomorrow morn to have an inspection by a pro as I've just not got the time or energy to look at it (yes, shame on me, but shove it! I'm too friggin' tired and overworked at the moment to do the work)

On another note, one of my clamps is not tightening fully from the intercooler to the plenum, its not slack, but not tight, would that be a contributer?

P

pulsarboby

yes that could cause it as its a potential boost leak so it will mess up your fuelling as youll have irregular amounts of air entering the cylinders than is being accounted for by maf....so you could be running lean!
if that timing is out also then that will further add to the problem of det and high cylinder temps which will in turn cause high egt and glowing manifold.

you just need to keep your fingers crossed and hope that no serious damage has already been done.....ie melted piston/s on intake side

gtirjoey

looking forward to this now pulsars ready trailers ready just got to fit a cambelt on my astra then im good to go! yippee!!!

johnsy

wish i had a trailer, iv gotta drive the mighty R' 180 mile there and back , gonna cost arm and a leg in fuel!

gtirjoey

wish i had a trailer, iv gotta drive the mighty R' 180 mile there and back , gonna cost arm and a leg in fuel!
i managed to borrow one i just got to sort electrics out on it, i personally wouldnt mind driving the pulsar but my mrs would winge apparently it makes her ill! lol