Gti-r top spec wanted

D

drsmith

well when i say over priced, i mean that they were no different to the rough cheap ones, no engine mods, high mileage and basically standard, nothing differentiating them from the cheaper ones except the higher price. i dont mind if the car is standard in all honesty as that power will be enough for me. im just worried about getting one and then the engine blowing up or something! haha so im obviously attracted to an engine thats been rebuilt with uprated internals and looked after properlly. i dont know what sort of price is going to get me a good one, all the ones for sale seem to be going for £3-4k which is stupidly cheap for something with so much performance. not being a turbo guy and not being too familiar with the Gti-r, its easy to be daunted and scared by the number of people on forums and owners clubs who go on about having to rebuild the engine, massive escalating repair bills and running costs etc..

i would like a car that has a superb service history, well looked after and not one that im going to have to throw money at just to keep it 'normal' so to speak... maybe im aiming a little high?

keggles2001

any 2ltr turbo motor will have high running costs even a pooby:lol: don't be a sheep please get a nice R and look after it and you will be ok:thumbsup:

D

drsmith

i much prefer the shape and styling of the gti-r when compared to the impreza etc... i guess its just a question of time and finding the right one for me

Ricky_GTi-R

drsmith said:
i much prefer the shape and styling of the gti-r when compared to the impreza etc... i guess its just a question of time and finding the right one for me
The Scooby is a bigger Chav magnet then the GTi-R, so pretty much guarantee that there are more humped versions of them than there are of our favoured pocket rockets.

And yeah it all comes down to patience and wating for the right one to come along. I would advise selling your car 1st tho so that you have cash ready for when the right R for you turns up as i doubt you will have Pulsar owners queing up to PX.

O

Odin

Geoffpine said:
whats a sense of human Rob my coment was meant to be humorous not your time of the month is it

Oh well I'll let you off then fella, I know you can be a bit of a ladyboy sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

maz

that R's a reknown shed i believe.
hasnt it been floating around ebay for the past year? except it had stickers all up the side of it o.0

Fire & skill

Vintage member
6.5k bottom price for a well specced R.

decent ones in a good level of tune are around the 4k mark and up, but thats std engine, std box.

KF79GTIR

maz said:
that R's a reknown shed i believe.
hasnt it been floating around ebay for the past year? except it had stickers all up the side of it o.0

wasnt the owner also claiming 500bhp aswell

Ricky_GTi-R

RT358 said:
that had a 5k nismo box and a fully forged engine!!!
Big deal mate, that doesnt mean thats its a good example, could still easily of been a well and truely humped example:lol:

GTiR_Mic

Just because it has a forged engine etc doesn't mean it is any good.

You see people advertising cars with fresh re-builds and you wonder why after spending so much money on them and selling them straight away. Not everyplace that re-builds an engine gurantess a good job.

I paid £4k for mine and it had a decent spec on it and the body needed a bit of work etc buit I have spent a load on it in a year inc Quafie box, GT3071R Turbo and I have a shed load more to do to it.

Why not buy a standard R and then do all the work yourself? Then you know it has been done right and it will be the way you like it.

.....and as for a Scoobys: :lol:

Mic

A

andyleo1

hi mate i am the man you might wont to ring about a good pulsar to much to tell ya just ring me 07961424977 01469531295
cheers andy

andytb

gtir

mines for sale ! bought it of the gtiroc january this year of mattygti-r
j plate
black
120700km
lots of history and receipts
good spec
300bhp at 1 bar
mot feb 15th
tax dec 31st