Got the Clutch MC off .. please take a look

Tim

After a couple of hours of messing around i finally got my clutch master cylinder off the car.

Looking at the piston and seals they look in one piece, but there is a lot of gunk in the cylinder but i'm not really sure where that might have come from.

Here are a couple of pictures, if anyone can tell me if it looks ok, dud, etc. Seen as i have it off the car i'm cosidering replacing it with a brand new item as it's a job i don't want to do again in a hurry.

Godzilla

mine was covered in crap too mate just think its old fluid as u dont really take of the cup on a regular basis so it will have been on there for up to 20yrs unless its been changed before, i just cleaned it out with some tissue, if thats ur problem(did u check the pedal box behind the clocks)also i thought it would be the rubber rings that were gone if anything misshaped etc, id get a new one or give boby a pm he will send u one real quick think mine came the day after i payed for it,

Godzilla

you can think there about &20 but rather have a none good working one or brand new so it wont go again for a while

R

riske

Just stop being stingy and buy a new one. That way you know it's going to be ok in the future. Why have you taken it off? Clutch problems?

P

pulsarboby

that looks fcuked to me and the cylinder also looks scored so i wouldnt bother with repair kit tbh.