Forge crank pulley

Sunny-D

Im not sure whether to fit this or not, is anyone running one without any problems? or is there any way to stop it destroying the oil seal?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I've got one for sale that never destroyed the seal. Mine was scratched when it arrived from Forge and was the last on they had so, (once i got my money back:-D) i put mine in my lathe and polished off the anodising with a scotch pad and then mirror polished the arbour (the bit that touches the seal), i also read somewhere else that had a good result doing the same thing. So I think it's the matt anodising process on the pulley that kills the seal.

Or talk to red reading about his crank pulleys. Absolute works of art, I shall definately be having one when I pull m finger out and sort my car out

Last edited:

red reading

thankyou ed, my pullies are also smaller than standard to slow the ancilleries drive (should stop the alternator belt being thrown off at high rpm),and they come with the proper pressed on and polished steel insert so the seal doesn't break or rip. I'll be knocking on the head getting any custom parts made soon too as it costs me a bloody fortune .

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I've got one for sale that never destroyed the seal. Mine was scratched when it arrived from Forge and was the last on they had so, (once i got my money back:-D) i put mine in my lathe and polished off the anodising with a scotch pad and then mirror polished the arbour (the bit that touches the seal), i also read somewhere else that had a good result doing the same thing. So I think it's the matt anodising process on the pulley that kills the seal.
Just be really careful, it needs to be done by mechanically turning it, you can't do it by hand, apart from it taking forever you'll run the risk of making small flat spots which will make it worse......

I would also advise against buying one from CDF, I bought one and its terrible, only good as a paper weight. Shitty machining and made from melted down coke cans.