Flammer kit mounting?

T

The Troll

Where do you guys mount your flammer kits? I'm having quad bike style tailpipes fitted and wondered if I need to fit one in each pipe or can I just fit the one in the exhaust manifold?
Also my mates mate who's a washing machine repairer says if I get a adjustable fuel power rater I can turn the fuel up and get really big flames that will melt any car behind me, is this true or is he windin me up:? as I recon that would look really cool at the local McDonalds cruise

O

Odin

That's quality stuff matey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I'll have to find out who you really are ;-) .

Rob

T

The Troll

Any sensible answers?:roll: just need to know how many flammer kits I need and where to get one of those fuel power rater things from? would Halfords do them as I get a good discount with them for being such a good customer:-D

N

Ninja_tune_factory

You Dont Need Flamer Kit`s Just Driver The Car Hard Get It Hot And It Will Pop Flames Like A Wrc Car All Day ,

And If You Want To See The Flames Buy Ur Self A Camcorder And Stick It To The Car Or Drive At Nite And Ur See The Flash Of Light When It Pops A Flame.

Flamer Kits Are Only For Saxo Shit Coz They Cant Pop Big Flame Coz There Shit

End Of.

maz

what would you do to some acne faced little twat chav that scorched the front of your car, with a stupid flamer kit....dont be daft now.

A

AJ4

go on, you know you want to - :D

and its not mine before anyone starts ;)

chadboy

a flame kit is pritty easy to make, thats all you need is a spark plug welded inside the exhaust (like a lamber sensor) and mount a old coil under the car. then concet the coil to the spark plug with a spark plug lead, then just conect power to the coil on a switch. when u turn the power on the spark ignites the fumes inside the exhaust witch makes the flame. d.i.y job
chadboy

A

AJ4

not quite as easy as that unfortuntely ;) The coil won't produce a spark until it turns off and discharges, so you need some means of switching the coil on and off to simulate what it does at the front of the car.

You can use a small 555 timer IC, or just use a large transistor and take the signal from the standard coil signal to trigger it.

S

Stoned

You can get whole kits on Ebay for £50. I did but be prepared to buy a large, quality drillbit if you have a stainless exhaust. I'd never seen a drill bit actually melt until i tried drilling my stainless exhaust

P

powerfreack

is this guy for real or his on a wind up because i cant see the point of 4 tail pipes and a flamer kit

T

The Troll

powerfreack said:
is this guy for real or his on a wind up because i cant see the point of 4 tail pipes and a flamer kit
Everybody knows 4 is better than one:roll: its deadly serious just need to know the best way to go about it8)
I did think about just having a old fairy liquid bottle filled with petrol in the car with a pipe running to the downpipe so when I wanted big flames I could just squeeze the bottle filling the exhaust with petrol ands get loads of flamage:-D