Fitting GTi-R bonnet vent on a Nissan Primera P10?

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone I have Rescued a GTi-R bonnet vent from the breakers which I want to fit onto my Nissan Primera P10. The fit is spot on but I have one problem.

As you can see from the pictures below there is no lip on the vent and I am at a lost on how to fit it to my car :?: .

Any help more than welcome

Thanks everyone
Paul

Keira

have you made that yourself ???

not trying to be funny but with you by saying that but that aint no genuine gtir sparrow splitter, the actual hump is metal and part of the bonnet, the grill bit is seperate but dont look nothing like that.

if you've been sold that as genuine you've been had, it looks more like its fallen off a nova :lol:

imho they look sh!te on other cars, get some nice louvres instead :wink:

A

Anonymous

It was rescued from a brakers scrap pile and I liked it if you or anyone else has any ideas how I could fit it I would be very gretful.

As for it not being genuin part I am not to bothered about that, but thanks for letting me know.

Thanks
Paul

Keira

you will have to bond it on and then fibreglass and fill it to lose the join, get tigerseal or something good and strong to stick it down with first, dont use no more nails :lol:

L

Little Miss Road Rage

I don't think that would look too good mate. I wouldn't have put it in my mera. A mate of mine had the vents off a scooby on his and that looked pretty good. If you're gonna do it it would be worth getting a genuine Pulsar vent not that home mede thing. Sorry

A

Anonymous

Little Miss Road Rage said:
I don't think that would look too good mate. I wouldn't have put it in my mera. . Sorry
Um...yeah...im with her!!!

Dont do it bro!

O

Odin

your are haveing a laugh aren't you :shock: :roll: .

your not really gonna stick that load of 5hite to your car are you matey
your just takeing the pi55 right :? IS IT APRIL THE 1ST :?: :roll: .

rob

C

Crazy

vpulsar
your are haveing a laugh aren't you .

your not really gonna stick that load of 5hite to your car are you matey
your just takeing the pi55 right IS IT APRIL THE 1ST .

:lol: :lol: :p

paz

What a load of tat.

Sticking that on your car will just make it look gayer than gay.

Paz

D

Dazzagti-r

vent

you could always cut two eye holes in the top an use it as a voodoo mask :lol:

K

KevShek

This is the proper way to do it.

Using a proper GTiR bonnet, removing the centre section which not only is the bulge but the side vents, then grafting it onto a P10 bonnet. Problem is, the p10 swage lines and centre panel are very much different. The centre on the GTiR is raised whereas the P10 goes in. Some welding and filling is require to make it look genuine.

Again, this does serve a purpose.

Not only does it sport a GTiR lump, it also has full GTiR running gear making it a True 4x4. All this done by the owner.

J

jaigtir

maybe i should put it on my almera diesel, might make it go faster :lol:

A

Allan GTI-R

P11GT said:
Not only does it sport a GTiR lump, it also has full GTiR running gear making it a True 4x4. All this done by the owner.
who cares ???

it's a piece of shit - this is a GTI-R forum not a FAKE forum :roll:

K

KevShek

who shoved batteries up your arse? the point i was stating was that its not just your cosmetic mod, it was done for a functional reason, or maybe it was to obvious for your high and mightyness. If you didnt care, why bother posting?

Davey

This might be a GTI-R forum, but you get plenty of people brown nosing certain evo's and skyline's, so i dont see why other nissans cant come on here (especially if they've used our engines etc). Good job fella's, not sure about the bonnet though :wink: