FAQ - Turbo - Nissan SR20DET, Garret T3/T4, HKS GT Series turbo info

Status
Not open for further replies.

j10gtr

Cool so I have over 2700ps Time to kick some skyline a** at totb3
Kicking skyline a** is great fun agreed but 2700ps is a lot over the top Memski i think skiddus has put the decimal place in wrongly and is more likely to read 100bhp = 98.63 PS.

Thanks
Paul

Dazzf

Does anyone know where i can find the exact spec for a Turbo Dynamics MD214. I've had a look on there website but to no avail and just dont get chance to phone them during working hours

Dazzf

cmng

I remember i copy this from forum as well, so i think it proper to post it up in sticky as well

APPLICATIONS:- NISSAN SUNNY & PULSAR GTIR – 2.0LT TURBO.

All units listed directly replace the standard Garrett TB2804 Turbocharger, Part No. 465997-0001 – Nissan Part No. 14411-54C00 except the MD196 (see notes for details).
Roller Bearing units require the oil drain pipe flange to be changed (supplied)

STAGE 1 - £795.00

MD172 High flow 47.5mm compressor wheel, re-profiled 0.60 A/R compressor housing, 360 degree ramped thrust bearing, left hand thread shaft & wheel fitted with staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted, 0.86 A/R turbine housing uprated 14 psi actuator.

Output recorded – 305 B.H.P. – 224 FT/LB @ 14 P.S.I.

STAGE 2 - £850.00

MD188 High flow 48.29mm compressor wheel, re-profiled 0.60 A/R compressor housing, 360 degree ramped thrust bearing, left hand thread shaft & wheel fitted with staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted, 0.86 A/R turbine housing uprated 14 psi actuator.
Approx 350 BHP

STAGE 3 – STANDARD ROLLER BEARING REPLACEMENT - £1150.00

MD204 Roller Bearing turbo, Standard compressor wheel, , T28 compact GT series roller bearing core, left hand thread “low inertia” shaft & wheel fitted with staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted, , 0.86 A/R turbine housing can be fitted with the standard or uprated actuator. Approx 320 BHP

STAGE 4 - £1195.00

MD205 Roller Bearing turbo, high flow 48.29mm inducer compressor wheel, re-profiled 0.60 A/R compressor housing, T28 compact GT series roller bearing core, left hand thread “low inertia” shaft & wheel fitted with staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted, 0.64 A/R turbine housing uprated 14 psi actuator. Approx 370 BHP

STAGE 5 - £1250.00

MD214 Roller Bearing turbo, special 54mm GT25 76 trim turbine, high flow 76mm T04S compressor wheel (53mm inducer), re-profiled compressor housing, T28 compact GT series roller bearing core, left hand thread “low inertia” shaft & wheel fitted with staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted, 0.64 A/R turbine housing uprated 14 psi actuator. choice of uprated actuator, and modified wastegate. Capable of 420 B.H.P.

STAGE 6 - £1295.00

MD196 Roller Bearing turbo, special 54mm GT25 76 trim turbine, high flow 76mm T04S compressor wheel (53mm inducer), Large 0.70 A/R re-profiled compressor housing with 3” inlet and 2.5” outlet, T28 compact GT series roller bearing core, left hand thread “low inertia” shaft & wheel fitted with staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted, 0.64 A/R turbine housing uprated 14 psi actuator, choice of uprated actuator, with extra strong bracket and modified wastegate. Capable of 450 B.H.P.

Compressor Inlet and outlet hoses require modification to fit this turbo in addition to the oil drain pipe flange as mentioned above. Engine re-mapping is essential with this turbo for the best results.

GTIR-LOZ

ok risking a slap from atrout here, but would a hks gtrs that is meant to go on a sx fit a gtir, cos it is listed as for the sr20 engine, so i would assume that they would be the same, also whats the full boost reached by and is it 400 ps or 400 bhp :p

S

Sirnixalot

you will need to tap a boss on the compressor housing to mount the actuator on...or you could make a C shaped bracket that reaches around to the new position.

S

Sirnixalot

a boss is a spot wher you can drill and tap something.

The compressor housing has to be rotated in order to fit properly on the GTi-R, the RWD orientation is different. The actuator is bolted to the compressor housing, so naturaly if you rotate this the actuator's mounting points will rotate. Hence the need to do new ones (or one im not sure)

123 gtir

hi peaple im easly confused about all these turbos
which is the best all round turbo looking for 400 bhp had all engine mods ect ,,,,

any info would be great ##

zia

where can i find compressor maps for hks turbos.....anyone? before you say checked the hks sites only give turbo info no maps (strange) :cry:

zia

S

Sirnixalot

zia...i had some of the compressor maps on my work pc but it was taken away to be wiped :(.

www.atpturbo.com has a host of garret maps though...they might be able to help you

zia

i,ve got the garret maps do you think hks will be similar? just worked out that i need turbo with 2.49 pr at 70%/ 80% efficency. :wink:

zia

S

Sirnixalot

considering hks use all garret parts (besides some of the turbine housings) i would think the compressor maps will be VERY close

123 gtir

thx for the info m8 as any one here had the HKS GTRS fitted here so i can pich there brain about it ##
any info would be cool '## :lol:

G

GTI-R Kid

With a target of 375bhp which would be best - and why?

HKS GT-RS
HKS 2835
Team Dynamics of some sort

Status
Not open for further replies.