Engine conversion for Pulsar

ram5ay

@ the end of the day you'd be better off spending your 12k on an R32 and a couple of nice turbo's 8) .

Unless you did the work yourself it would cost a damn site more to fit an rb26 into an R, and make it handle right, it would have to be virtually mid mounted for starters which causes probs with drive train if you want to retain 4wd, and if you don't why not just fit an rb26 into an SX?

jonee

r

well the main reason this engine transplant is a pain in the arse is because the bloody steering rack is in the way :roll:

but thank the the lord for remote electric steering

oh and the propshaft is about a foot long,give or take the odd inch.

jonee

ex-gtir

what your forgetting is the cossy is a 4 pot and very compact
why waste time and money on cr@p like this like people have said it may wipe the floor with everything but what will be the bench mark as it nither a gtir or a gtr so wont count
spend you time and money on something obtainable and serious
have you every build a tubular front end ?? as this is what youll really need to do

marcymarc said:
Wouldnt there be to much weight up front with a 2.6 lump?

I reckon 12k would easily be enough to do this job though.

Its only 15k for a 206wrc cosworth 4x4 from Terry pankhurst job done ,

I saw a magazine article in Lax Power about 2 mothes ago and a chap did the full 206wrc conversion including the 206 1.1 and the sierra cosworth donor car for 13k doing all the work himself

Another example is that fiesta mk 6 cosworth 4x4 , i think that can be done for 20k inc fiesta mk6 and siera cosworth donor cars.

My point is fitting a skyline lump in an R must be a walk in the park compared to the work involved with the cars mentioned above.

i think the main problem would be , who is gonna put the thought/preperation/research into into the project ,is it gonna be the person who wants the the conversion or a tuner like Hi-teq who are gonna want paying for all the thought/preperation/research before they even start the job.

If your a dab hand in the garage ie a bit of a mechanic/welder/engineer/fabricator just like a builder who is a bit of a joiner/bricky/plasterer/plumber you could naughty this job for 12k :wink:

ex-gtir

marcymarc said:
Well ive never heard as much sh it in my life , If you can fit two vr6 engines in a mark 1 golf gti , a jet engine in a rolls royce and a 350z engine in a micra im damn sure an Rb engine will fit in a pulsar wether it has to go in the front/middle/back :?
do you know how much that little micra cost to build

ram5ay

Looks like it's been done folks, gtir_mic's been fitting more than a new turbo by the looks of things :shock: .

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonee

r

JIMMYBACK said:
good photoshop work matey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
very good.

what gives it away is the position of the power steering pipe on the o/s/f wing.

oh and the fact the turbo's are under the bonnet :wink:

jonee

H980 Pulsarkid

I reckon you've rumbled Kieron, that yellow beasty has a skyline lump in the front and a V8 in the back hasn't it ??? And two big yellow turbo's mounted on the doors with a supercharger in the footwell ?? Am i right ??? I just know I am ? :lol: :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

H980 Pulsarkid said:
I reckon you've rumbled Kieron, that yellow beasty has a skyline lump in the front and a V8 in the back hasn't it ??? And two big yellow turbo's mounted on the doors with a supercharger in the footwell ?? Am i right ??? I just know I am ? :lol: :lol:
i think the superchargers mid mounted, the footwell has got a 60lb N2O bottle in it :lol:

Keira

H980 Pulsarkid said:
Am i right ???
couldn´t be more wrong fella :wink:

i got carried away with the grinder whilst lightening it and chopped the floor pan out so its now going to be flintstone style all the way for me.

yabba dabba dooo :lol:

Cris

Before this gets really silly if you did want to do an engine swap in the Pulsar then I think that a four cylinder engine is the only option unless you want to build a new car. While I'm at it the VR6 is a very compact engine (that's what the VR is all about) and is designed to be mounted tranversely.

If you did want to drop an engine in the best choice would be an SR20VET from an X-Trail. Would be expensive but a VVTL turbo GTIR would be quite nice.

You could also look at the QR25DE which could be turboed. Think that this is just a VVT engine but the extra capacity might help. Don;t know so much about this engine so can't say more than that.

A

AJ4

did anyone ever see that american 2.7 conversion on an SR20 block ? that was pretty good.

dankal

While on the subject of a motor transplant. Why not put an Evo motor and gearbox and rest of driveline in the R and solve the gearbox problem :lol:

Just a thought :wink:

Keira

dankal said:
Why not put an Evo motor and gearbox and rest of driveline in the R and solve the gearbox problem :lol:
cos you might aswell go the whole hog and become a sad boring c.u.n.t like the rest of them that used to own gtirs and buy the whole car which will probably end up being slower than your pulsar :roll: :wink: :lol:

just ask alan (ashills) :shock: :lol: