Custom ally rads....

E

Edd

Right now who is SERIOUS about gettin a proper ally rad made up :?:

These will be made by a proper racing company and won't be sh*t quality and will keep your coolant nice and cool and are used on rally cars and the like. Price is dependant on numbers but we have been told 300-350 for 2 so if we could get 5 then this should come down.

The rad will be based on my current copper core rad as show below which is obviously not in the standard position. This is due to the size of turbo i and my mate will be running.

Opinion, anyone interested :?:

O

Odin

Why not get the sentra alloy 55mm rad as I'm doing for £206 delivered :wink: and if you want a nice new 14" slimline fan it's
about £270 :wink:

This rad give's you 30-40% more cooling

rob

A

Allan GTI-R

I recommend you get a heat shield for that turbo - look at the scorch mark on the radiator :shock:

nice work Edd :p

E

Edd

Allan GTI-R said:
I recommend you get a heat shield for that turbo - look at the scorch mark on the radiator :shock:

nice work Edd :p
LOL the scorch mark was made by the old turbo, that turbo hasnt beenrun on the car yet for the obviious reason you pointed out :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I found this on another site.

Now let us go back to the aluminum versus copper debate. Copper’s higher conductivity means is that a thinner copper fin can transmit as much heat as a thicker aluminum fin. However, on a weight-basis, aluminum can conduct more heat than copper. If weight was no object, copper holds the edge. When weight is a limitation, aluminum has the advantage. Conductivity multiplied by density is a "weighted" measure of a material’s conduction efficiency. It is this "weighted" efficiency that leads to the use of aluminum in the fins/pins of many heat sinks. It is certainly not because "aluminum gets rid of heat better than copper".