Couple of questions about big brake conversions

A

Anonymous

Just a couple of quick questions about the big brake conversions you lot like to play with.

1. Do you get to retain the ABS afterwards?
2. Is there a kit that fits under 15" wheels?

Thanks

Dan

B

Boo

1. Do you get to retain the ABS afterwards?
I have...

Is there a kit that fits under 15" wheels?
Yes, I have a set of HiSpec 285mm under a set of 15's... (OZ HT's), there's about 4mm clearance... So it will be worth double checking...

PM - J-GTIR (Jason) he has a set of 15's and 285mm or 280mm's - he has Wilwood calipers...

errrrr - can't remember what I was going to say..

cheers

Ben

G

gotoinstant-redline

as far as i know, all of the kits allow you to retain the abs.

i know both willwood and hisec can do kits to fit under 15"s. not sure if anyone else can tho.

L.

A

Anonymous

Cheers lads, that has been helpful.

I had never heard anybody mention whether it retained ABS, and I would like to keep it so that is cool.

I would really like to go for a kit, but I didn't want the cost of new alloys in there as well.

Thanks again

Dan

J

J-GTi-R

Had my ABS kicking in nicely on Wednesday night while demonstrating my brakes to Kyepan.

The 280mm Wilwood kit is designed to go under 15in wheels, but some 15s won't go over them, as the spokes go too far back into the wheel and foul the calipers. Best thing to do is find someone local with either the Wilwood or Hispec kit and try fitting your wheels over them.

Curtis

The Willwood 280mm kit didn't fit over my 15's. :cry:
So, along came some 16" OZ Superleggs and swapped the 280mm for the 310mm! :lol:
Like J said it wasn't the size of the discs that's the problem it the design of the wheel spokes.

kyepan

and what lovely ABS it was too...

I liked the gentle four wheel drift off the roundabout, choice bit of driving that.

J

J-GTi-R

I liked the gentle four wheel drift off the roundabout, choice bit of driving that.
He he, cheers... I do like my four wheel drifting... 8)

A

Anonymous

Nice one lads I think I will see if I can find out if my alloys will fit over them.

My alloys are sh!t though so no doubt they will give me grief.

Thanks

Dan

N

Ninja_tune_factory

godspeed do a kit . the guy at godspeed says you can get 305 or 310 mill disck under 15 :?: :? :? i dont no if that would work :?: :?:

J

J-GTi-R

That would really have to depend on the wheel. Mine probably would, but they're compomotive mo's and are designed specifically for brake clearance. Most other wheels I've seen are very close clearance wise on the 280/285mm disks.