Cooling problems!!! Radiator replacement!! How??

A

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me how is easiest to change the rads on these beasts?
Got new rad and stat as it gets too hot too quick and water goes every where :cry:
I hope i haven't cooked it.. :cry:

Cheers

B

Keira

either whip off the bottom hose or there is a screw in plug on the lhs, undo top hose, disconnect hose that goes to expansion tank, disconnect and unbolt fans to remove, unbolt rad and pull it out.

piece of p!ss as thay say.

A

Anonymous

what do you do with the aircon pipe? seems to be in the way. about an inch from it. perhaps it looks more difficult than it is because you lot think its easy?.

Shaun

:D Right mate,standing at the front of the car(with the bonnet up)remove the 3 bolts holding the bonnet catch to the crossmember,then remove 2 nuts holding the aircon pipe to the crossmember,now on the cross member there are 4 bolts 2 on top and 2 on the front,remove these and you can put the crossmember to oneside out of harms way.Undo the
jubilee clip on the thermostat housing (as your changing the stat anyway) and pull of the hose.Do the same with the top hose and remove the smaller pipe that go's to the expansion tank.Unclip the plugs that supply the fans (one under either headlight i think!)with power,now all you have to do is lift the rad out.If the aircon pipe is in the way,there should be enough play in it to move it toward the engine a little bit,but don't be too aggresive with it :!:

A

Anonymous

Brilliant guys... I hope that it doesn't rain now. Just yonked the stat out to stop it boiling just in case.
Why is it on the bottom hose???
Thanks guys given me some more sleep tonigh.

B :lol:

A

Anonymous

All the above is true. Done it now and it's running sweet again.

Piece of p*ss....

Thanks again guys, done in an hour and most of that was filling the system again, that was a bit long winded. :lol: