Clutch slipping?

Lee_2011

Hi all. Noticed recently when i drive my car and put my foot down a bit, when it reaches between 3000-4000 revs the rev needle stays there for a while and sometimes drops and the car just doesnt seem to pull. Is this a sign that my clutch is on its way out?

Animaldaz

If your clutch was slipping then your revs would rise without an increase in road speed. Sounds like a different problem, do a fault code check first.

Lee_2011

Did a fault code check and nothing came up, which is a good thing i suppose. So i decided to adjust the clutch pedal as the bite was quite high and since i have done that the car is fine now.

Last edited:

johnsy

i cant see how adjusting the screw will solve the problem that you have described..........but hey ho

P

pulsarboby

it will dan as you will then have further pedal travel and more clutch freeplay at fork end

Gaz gtiR

how many turns shud u adjust it at a time? as mine bites just past half way up. but some times slips in 5th & its a fairly new ap paddle so just want to lower the bite a little to see if it cures it!

P

pulsarboby

just loosen it say 3 full turns and see if its any better, it should bite around an inch from the floor

some people remove the bolt completely and adjust the master cylinder rod to its max which will then mean the clutch is overly adjusted, you must have freeplay at the fork end or release bearing may not fully dis-engage when clutch is hot

Last edited by a moderator: