Clutch release bearing ?

jspulsar

Anyone had any joy with these that could shed some light on the issue ? I.e How long would it take ? Can u leave the engine in and take the box off ? Any help would be great.

Thanks, James.

johnsy

LOL

you may as well replace the whole clutch, its an 8 hour job for someone who knows wot there doing,

if you dont know wot your doing you could be looking at 2 days,

oh and its a drop the lump job, if you use the search button you ll find wot your looking for

jspulsar

I had a quick search but couldn't find anything :( Seems like my weekend is going to dissapear into thin air then ! haha

shroom

LOL

you may as well replace the whole clutch, its an 8 hour job for someone who knows wot there doing,

if you dont know wot your doing you could be looking at 2 days,

oh and its a drop the lump job, if you use the search button you ll find wot your looking for
That's a LOL it takes a few hours not 8 and you don't need to take the engine out some find it easier but it was fine just droping it a bit for myself cost would be 300 plus for someone to do it for you there are cheaper but just average, replace it all you might aswell hope this helps

jspulsar

Im hoping that becuase it litterally happen'd bang oustisde my house that the plate will be ok ... If not, i'll just change everything. At the min its got an exedy organic clutch in it, would people recommend these over others ?

stumo

I don't think anyone recommends an exedy organic TBH.

Most people go for a Helix or an RPS (i personally would go for a helix as the RPS's have a crazy heavy pedal action)

whytie

The exedy clutches are pretty cheap and are perfectly fine. The reason these get a bad name is there are loads of places selling fake exedy clutches which pretty much destroy there self. Buying it from the main web site would be best bet.

Saying all that I always use the helix myself.

johnsy

i spent £300 on a exedy organic , the real deal from a reptutable dealer and it didnt last mins, turned it to dust, stick with helix or AP

geoff pine

i spent £300 on a exedy organic , the real deal from a reptutable dealer and it didnt last mins, turned it to dust, stick with helix or AP
Can we take it as read this so called reputable dealer gave you your money back or sent it off to exddys in Runcorn for there technical department to look at the damage and to what caused it . Because if it was not one of there official dealers then exeddy would not guarantee it!also if bought of the internet or eba for less than £300 its probably a fake EXEDDY DONT SELL OVER THE INTERNET if you read there web site they will tell you all this.They only sell from there official dealers who are not allowed to sell over the inter net also who do you think makes most of the helex clutch parts exeddy. Sorry for the rant and its not directed at you personally johnsy But if you have bought a so called exedy of ebay for £160 you have been done if its under £300 then you will be doing well if its not fake :lol: :lol:

red reading

Can we take it as read this so called reputable dealer gave you your money back or sent it off to exddys in Runcorn for there technical department to look at the damage and to what caused it . Because if it was not one of there official dealers then exeddy would not guarantee it!also if bought of the internet or eba for less than £300 its probably a fake EXEDDY DONT SELL OVER THE INTERNET if you read there web site they will tell you all this.They only sell from there official dealers who are not allowed to sell over the inter net also who do you think makes most of the helex clutch parts exeddy. Sorry for the rant and its not directed at you personally johnsy But if you have bought a so called exedy of ebay for £160 you have been done if its under £300 then you will be doing well if its not fake :lol: :lol:

Daiken are who makes excedy and helix clutch parts fyi excedy does not make helix clutch's. Daiken are the biggest clutch manufacturer in the world they make pretty much all o.e and aftermarket clutch's. it's there symbol and name that is stamped on the clutch's if you look.;-)

johnsy

was actually more like £350, and the garage in question was ASperformance up wor way, i did contact exedy they didnt wanna know, nothin was done about it , this is going back 3 years now, the only reason i bought an exedy as that is what was fitted when i bought the car, and that didnt last very long,

maybe its the 4wd ,maybe it my driving style either way tried and tested i wont be buying any organic clutch again, they just dont cut the mustard

quote from my first post was supposed to read ' didnt last 4 month' they implied it had been missused

Last edited:

johnsy

That's a LOL it takes a few hours not 8 and you don't need to take the engine out some find it easier but it was fine just droping it a bit for myself cost would be 300 plus for someone to do it for you there are cheaper but just average, replace it all you might aswell hope this helps

can you brake that few hours down into a quick how to, should only take you a few minutes

P

pulsarboby

i cant see whats wrong with exedy, helix, ap, rps, or act tbh other than the rps in particular being a heavy mofo
the only clutch i wont fit are techniclutch as they truly are inferior shite

a clutch is only as good as to the way its treated....if your a launch monster or abuse it then any clutch will fail and if not the clutch it will be your gearbox,
with awd cars your putting twice the loading on it as you would be with either fwd or rwd so somethings eventually gotta give unless you spend out in excess of a grand on the proper jobbies

its horses for courses as the saying goes

jspulsar

Hello everyone, abit of an update for you all. Finally got the gearbox off, what a bastard of a job that is ! :lol: I think ive been lucky and its just the bearing thats gone, the plate looks fine :thumbsup:

However, on abit of an investigation it looks like the pivot arm inside is cracked so im not wanting to use that. If anyone has one of these, or knows where i could get one from please let me know asap !

Thanks, James.