Clutch problem

ukR

Hi, my clutch has broken, but I think it's the clutch pedal that is broken or the hydraulics system that is broken, the clutch it self has only done 10-20 thousand at most, and I no this sounds stupid but where is te clutch flight to be put in?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Eh?
"Clutch flight"?

What are the symptoms; why do you think it's the pedal side rather than the gearbox side?

ukR

Ha clutch fluid, there is absulutely nothing in the pedal, I can push it with one finger and it just falls to the floor, the bracket seems fine tho...

PUL54R

You should have a separate reservoir for clutch fluid which is near the brake servo, check the fluid level if it's empty chances are your clutch pipe on top of the gearbox has failed which is what happened to mine. Or it could be the master cylinder on the pedal or the slave cylinder that has leaked the fluid out.

ukR

Ok, thanks for the info, has helped me out alot, will chat with my mechanic n see what he can do, is it easy to fix if I was to do it my self?

PUL54R

Clutch pipe isn't too bad to do. Remove the pipe from the maf to the turbo and you can see it, I got an updated braided one on mine now off eBay, probably cheaper than original Nissan one.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Clutch pipe isn't too bad to do. Remove the pipe from the maf to the turbo and you can see it, I got an updated braided one on mine now off eBay, probably cheaper than original Nissan one.
I can't get the bastard undone; I've got a new HEL one still in the box because I can't get the old one out. There's nothing wrong with it, but I was replacing the brake hoses and thought I'd do that one too.

Anyway, check that the seals on the master cylinder haven't gone. - Look for fluid in the footwell behind the clutch pedal.
Check the slave cylinder hasn't gone. - Look for fluid down the front of the bell housing.
I've replaced the slave cylinder; that's a walk in the park. I rebuilt my master cylinder... that's not so easy.

Just be aware that having clutch fluid leak onto an organic plate can do this: