Clutch clearance

P

pulsarboby

Box back out to do that again bob?? Did u have a washer behind the pivot when it was on your track car? I think that might be a good option!
An mr Williams, yes, I did, I put another one on before I did the clutch, it was a long shot to make sure it weren't sticking causing the first os giken to slip!

i had a nismo pivot which had a spring washer behind it but no other washers....as said you should not need any more, but its one way of getting over the problem!

theres obviously something else causing this to happen and if you think about it then it has to be one of the following
1. release bearing (put them both together on a flat surface and note the height in depth)
2. worn drive plates in clutch (which there not so you can eliminate that)
3. hydraulic problems causing less travel on pedal
4. bent or split fork or badly worn pivot ball
5.damaged pedalbox (possibly starting to split from bulkhead) allowing less pedal travel which will cause a low bite point
6. worn thrust bearings in engine causing crank endfloat

cant think of any other possible cause than one of the above!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers bob, I'll have a really gud look at the pedal box an that area, failing finding anything there an if I fail to find any hydraulic faults, I'll put a washer behind the pivot ball!
Thanks for your help, I'll let you all know how it goes! :)

Only yesterday I fixed this problem! I've seen your thread hks. Hopefully a solution at the end of 1 of these threads will help people out in the future! My problem in the end was the pressure plate, the fingers had the slightest play in all of them, when i tapped my new an old clutch fingers i cud hear a slight jingle from the problem clutch! This meant that when the clutch was pressed it wasn't fully releasing the drive plates causing a lack of a clutch! Such a simple problem, so hard to see and find, but eventually, months an months later, it's now fixed! :)
Cheers all for your help!