Clutch clearance

Hello, I've fitted another os giken twin plate as my old one started slipping. Since fitting it I really struggle getting any gears, the biting point is really low, an i have adjusted it to the max on the master cylinder so only a couple of threads are actually still in the pedal and have taken the pedal stop nearly all the way out so I have a very long pedal! It is all bled up properly with no air in the system an neither the slave or master cylinder is leaking. I am now thinking that maybe the clutch master cylinder may be weak causing it not to push enough fluid through but if that's the case I would expect it to be leaking? Just wondering what you guys thought??
Thanks Chris! :)

if you only have a couple of threads in the pedal you have adjusted it the wrong way mate.
I've just been outside an tried adjusting it the other way mate so I screwed the master cylinder thread into the pedal. It gave me lots of free play and I couldn't select any gears mate. With the master cylinder screwed nearly out of the pedal, I can just get gears!
Cheers anyway for ya input mste, I do need to fix this problem somehow! :)

Yes, it pushes the end of the clutch fingers, right near the middle! it's the one the clutch place uses instead of the giken one, it is the exact same dimensions as the giken one I took off though!

P

pulsarboby

the os giken bearing is deeper than a stock bearing, it sounds like theres not enough travel...........if that bearing is even 1mm shorter in depth it will cause a big difference at the pedal end.

other thing that could cause this is a worn pivotball on the gearbox which the fork fits over, as it will give you less travel (cantilever), you can alter that by placing another washer under the pivotball itself or by buying a new one

Cheers bob! It's the same, I just don't seem to be getting enough travel to clear it, but with my old os giken, my clutch had less travel but still cleared enough to get gears much easier! The pivot isn't bad either! I've taken it all back out again too so I've now fitted it twice, it's loadsa fun! Honest!

P

pulsarboby

try putting another washer under the pivot that will give you more pressure on the pressure plate due to better cantilever action and will dis-engage drive plates more fully.
shouldnt have to do this really but its one way round the problem

williams

have you changed the slave cylinder at all? as i have 3 different length rods for them so maybe you have fitted a cylinder with a shorter rod?

Box back out to do that again bob?? Did u have a washer behind the pivot when it was on your track car? I think that might be a good option!
An mr Williams, yes, I did, I put another one on before I did the clutch, it was a long shot to make sure it weren't sticking causing the first os giken to slip!

Box back out to do that again bob?? Did u have a washer behind the pivot when it was on your track car? I think that might be a good option!
An mr Williams, yes, I did, I put another one on before I did the clutch, it was a long shot to make sure it weren't sticking causing the first os giken to slip!