Carbon bits..

• Thread starter gotoinstant-redline
  • Start date
G

gotoinstant-redline

dunno till i try. but if they were really basic (the best way to save weight!) it would prolly be about less than £200 for the pair.

L.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Can't get much more basic than mine. Manual windows and not even a speaker hole in the passenger side. :? (I might want one put in tho :wink: )

G

gotoinstant-redline

well a speaker hole is ok.. but you dont want bloody speakers in there! they weigh too much!!

L.

S

Sirnixalot

real men dont need door cards :lol:, i just have to find some way of attaching my window and door switches :oops:

G

gotoinstant-redline

i need door cards!! i drove an alfa with not door cards for 1 day. then i put the cards back on as i had cut my arm and hands about 10 times on the fooking pressed metal!
even wrc rally cars have door cards so i'm not ashamed that i'm gonna keep them.
i'll swap the mirrors for lighter and more aerodynamic ones instead :). and keep the use of my right arm!

if there is a demand for door cards i'll work out a mould and get cracking on making some up.

L.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GoToInstant-Redline said:
you dont want bloody speakers in there! they weigh too much!!

L.
I bought the wife a pair of Kenwood psr71p components and they are seriously light. I thought they'd sent me an empty box at first. :shock:

G

gotoinstant-redline

yeh but if you take em out and the wires for them and the head unit and the disc changer and the air con, carpet, roof lining, pillar covers, rear seats, parcel shelf, center console, glove box etc etc etc and swap the front seats for kevlar cobra suzuka's.. then you have saved loads of weight..

but to do it properly you need to get rid of all the tar (for want of a better word) that nissan stick the shell to dead the noise! it weighs over 20kg in total!!!

tomorrow, the rear wiper is going and then who knows what else.

and carbon bits are on their way so thats even more heavey metal shed :) cant wait to get it on the scales.

L.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If I put them in I'll save about 6-7kg, when I remove the parcel shelf & 6x9s :wink:

Get it on the scales now, so we can see what it weighs. Fortunately I have a weigh bridge at work, so if I park on it while I go in the office and just happen to pass the read out............. :D

G

gotoinstant-redline

my local public tip has a weigh bridge so i'm gonna slip them a tenner and use that. its goot to 1kg and thats close enough for me.

L.

D

DodgeT

on scoobies, there are people who make "snorkels" to replace the side vents,
how much/easy would one be to replace the passenger side ie. scoop for air filter on the R ??

would look good in carbon. :D

G

gotoinstant-redline

well tbh to cost wouldnt be much.. but the vert is mounted too far back to be useful for the intake.
on the bonnets i was gonna do a NACA duct dor intake to the air filter. a bit like on the evo's but much better :)

sit tight for a few more weeks folks and then i can start to take ideas and bashing out the stuff YOU are asking for.

L.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did you make the carbon side vents? If so, any pics and how much. I think there might be a few people looking for some shortly. :wink:

A

Anonymous

can somebodu explain simply to a little frenchie like me : I can't really good understand BUT I love Carbon !!! :lol:

N

Norfy

ey up

My pulsar been a bad boy and eaten too many sparrows, i think he needs a diet real bad.

I NEED CARBON :D

currently trying to save as much weight as possible, and would love a carbon bonnet with all the vents done too.

Do you have any further updates? and would u be able to do a custom one as i really want a carbon bonnet but with the bad boy extensions on the leading edge.

also, have you considered a carbon tailgate???

Norf.

D

Dee 1

Carbon

there is already a group buy on the carbon bonnets mate!! look in the for sale section :D