bumpsteer kit pics

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Didn't notice it on mine.
It could be due to worn verses new rod ends? Or it could have had wider tyres on/flat tyre/a few other things maybe.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Bug*r, I'm confused.

I thought bumpsteer kits were the be all and end all of irradicating the understeer on our cars?
rose jointed track rod ends really improve the feel of the car. A good rear ARB, my castor mod and a decent alignment and the car will be fine. Before mine blew up I'd learnt a few more subtle changes to improve things.

Quite a few of us have been playing around with these cars Toby since we last spoke and understeer is not on the menu.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
rose jointed track rod ends really improve the feel of the car. A good rear ARB, my castor mod and a decent alignment and the car will be fine. Before mine blew up I'd learnt a few more subtle changes to improve things.

Quite a few of us have been playing around with these cars Toby since we last spoke and understeer is not on the menu.
As above, I've not got rose jointed track rod ends (so-called bumpsteer kit) but an adjustable ARB, Jim's castor mod, suspension alignment and good tyres.

With all that and a bit of fine tuning under steer pretty much non-existent.

If you push the car really hard and purposely try to make it under steer then it will, but the overall improvements are excellent and in a nut shell brings it up to more modern day settings that we take for granted on modern cars.

williams

do any of you use camber bolts on the car? i have some but not sure whether to use them.
suspension mods i have are:
gab coilovers
whiteline rear arb
adjustable top mounts
will do castor mod
fully poly bushed
and will have a rose jointed bump steer kit.

you think the camber bolts are needed with this? maybe just the rear as the adjustable top mounts can add camber?