bumpsteer kit pics

williams

obviously the rose joint will be underneath the hub, but will it then have a threaded part going up through the hole in the hub, then the cone part slide over this from the top with a nut on after clamping it into the hub? if you know what i mean?

williams

wouldnt of thought it would have been like that? i would of expected the rose joint to be moved underneath the hub mounting point to get a better angle of the track rod. does it actually prevent bumpsteer like that?

skiddusmarkus

My Powerstation kit has a different location for the bearing.It sits fat onto the top of the hub.As the bearing has been replaced though, you can see where its fouled the hub so had a small tophat spacer put in between them to give it the clearanceit needs without raising it too much.

williams

im gunna make mine so that the bearing is underneath the hub, as i dont see how it being on top will make any difference to bump steer, its the track rod angle that needs to be changed to get rid of the bump steer.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's a rose jointed track rod end that sits higher than the standard one does. Wether it helps with bumpsteer or not I haven't a clue:doh::lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Wether it helps with bumpsteer or not I haven't a clue:doh::lol:
It depends hows low your car is. I don't think bump steer is a big issue on our cars.

I looked at putting my rose joint below rather than above but the optimum poisiton was in the hub which was never going to work! I settled for as close as practical to the top. If your car is lowered >50mm then below would probably be better.

CruiseGTi-R

It depends hows low your car is. I don't think bump steer is a big issue on our cars.

I looked at putting my rose joint below rather than above but the optimum poisiton was in the hub which was never going to work! I settled for as close as practical to the top. If your car is lowered >50mm then below would probably be better.
Bug*r, I'm confused.

I thought bumpsteer kits were the be all and end all of irradicating the understeer on our cars?

williams

Bingo! :thumbsup:

It doesn't matter how many times you say it though, people will call it a bump steer kit. :doh:

haha, give me a week or so and i'll have a proper bump steer kit knocked up. will use the same style rose jointed track rod end but i'll have it so the rod end is on the underside of the hub, lowering the track rod angle.

williams

a higher track rod end would increase bump steer, you want to lower the track rod end to reduce it, so you would need to fit it on the underside of the hub. not so much a problem on standard ride height but as said above, lowered cars are more prone to it.

i'll do the 1 for my car and post some pics so people can see what its like. then if people want some i'll knock a few sets up.

williams

Bug*r, I'm confused.

I thought bumpsteer kits were the be all and end all of irradicating the understeer on our cars?
i personally dont see how a bump steer kit would have any affect on under or over steer. you would do this to eliminate bump steer.

gtirjoey

I drove a car with a bump steer kit fitted and the steering seemed alot tighter alomost felt like a non power steering model?
does a bumpsteer kit make the steering heavier or not?