Brakes.......

A

Anonymous

How much would I expect to pay for (all 4) brake pads?

Cheers

J

J-GTi-R

Depends what you want to buy. Greenstuffs are about £35 for the fronts, I don't know anyone who really does any for the rear, other than OE ones, which are about £15.

A

Anonymous

Cheers mate, I take it the green stuff pads are better than the standards?

J

J-GTi-R

Yep one of the better pads for the standard caliper (shocking in a Hispec caliper though!) and at £35 you can't go wrong, especially with the appetite the 'R has for brake pads.

I wouldn't put standard pads in an 'R if my life depended on it and let's face it, in an 'R it does... :shock:

M

Mr Overboooost

i had greenstuff's on mine till recently but i found they didnt work very well from cold once they started to wear down a bit :shock: :?
i now have mintex 1144's which are so much better but they are nearly double the price :(

hope this helps :)
cheers
gary :D

J

J-GTi-R

Yeah, I tried quite a few pads and I did like the Mintex too, but they wore too quickly for my liking (got through a set in less than 4 months). I do like my late-braking though...

mattygti-r

id got for mintex anyday of the week

but have greens on the front to be honest really disappointed wiv them they are poop! but paid for them now so gota use them...

Cris

If you have slotted discs I would be careful what you pick.

I used to run greenstuff but they were chewed very quickly. I've put some pattern Lucas pads in (had to get them in a hurry - didn't realise how quick the greenstuff were wearing), which are actually OK (relatively speaking). They were also very cheap.

Anyway I indentend to stick some massif discs and four pots on next year so am trying not to spend too much.