BRAKE PADS NEEDED

W

WRW76

My car failed its mot today on the rear brake pads being worn :( does anyone know where i can get a set immediatly?

G

GTiRich

Hi mate i got a set sitting on my desk :wink: They are Trupart pads, came with the R and i never really needed them

W

WRW76

i have do all my shopping online as there are no car shops up here in shetland! if you want to have a drink or a bite to eat then your ok ,but no car shops!

antgtir

Nissan. Ive just gone thro the very same thing except mine are the fronts. I got originals, i know before people say that they are naff but the discs (also original) are on their way out so i thought i would use these pads with the discs and wear them down whilst saving for uprated ones :D

Got that along with a steering rack boot for £66, not too bad :)

W

WRW76

this is me planning to have the same specs as you jason! its going to take a very long time :wink:

J

JASON GANT

WRW76 said:
this is me planning to have the same specs as you jason! its going to take a very long time :wink:
move south of the boarder :shock: :wink:

M

Mart

I can beat u all!

I needed pads for the MOT, went down to cliffords of Brighton and got a set of fronts for a 1.6 nissan primera for £12!!! inc vat!!!! 8)

W

WRW76

me going down to brighton would probably cost around £500 so im quite happy to get a set off rich.

Trondelond

Mart said:
I can beat u all!

I needed pads for the MOT, went down to cliffords of Brighton and got a set of fronts for a 1.6 nissan primera for £12!!! inc vat!!!! 8)
Time to revive old threads. What year primera has the compatible pads? I noticed that it said primera on my ebc pads, but I've thrown away the boxes now. :|

Sam_M

Bloody ell, wierd seeing this, I bought Marts car 2 years ago, those pads used to lock up the wheels easily wet or dry, really strange, but got brake fade quick after a few stops :lol:

If this for rear your wanting? I didnt think the Rear pads were the same on the GTiR, in fact im pretty sure they are different, unless thats just discs. But heres a link to some pads...

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts_info.asp?id=1424

Sam_M

OK sorry, I was going by the first post on the thread, I think its just 91-96 any GTi will fit fronts.

Trondelond

This is just a temporary fix as I'm converting to bigger brakes, and the pads I have on now are on their last legs, so won't be using them more than a month or so. It's still icy, so I doubt they'll see too much action. :)