brake lights

whytie

My brake lights are not working were working last week ready for my mot. Ive checked the fuse in box thats ok also checked the plug on peddle that seems ok aswell. I did have my whole dash of last week so im thinking i mayby have knocked an earth or something. Any ideas what to check next before i get my auto electrician out.

Im terrible with electrics.

I had a similar problem. Turned out that for some reason the positive feed had been spliced into for ( maybe alarm i am not sure ) and it had come loose. Check all the wires in the drivers foot well area.

whytie

Yeah it was the plug behind the drivers seat that lets you know if the doors are open or not.(previous owners poor soildering) When i put the wire loom back in the back i car it was shorting brake lights out.

Best bet is just to check your getting power on the plug on the break peddel,then to the fuse box and follow the wire from fuse box to brake lights.

Have you done anything to disturb anything carpet out working in back of car ect?

nitrosgti-r

iv just put the whole car back together virtually lol. MOT time today so luckily it was the actual switch was faulty as swapped for a known good one. all sorted now.