Braided brake lines

Digitalfaze

Hi, I have fto twinpot front calipers on my r and was wondering what brake lines i would require, would i need gti-r, fto or custom made ones?

Thanks in advance

skiddusmarkus

Or do you mean you have some to fit?If so, just try a standard brake line 1st and see if it fits.If not, you can always get some braided ones made for £25-30 per hose if you cannot find any that will work.

stumo

If you're going to fit the calipers you'll have to work out what the thread is in the caliper and how long you want to hose to be then get them made.

I opder the ends and a length of hose and make them myself, that way you can get just the right length of hose as there really is no other way of doing it properly.

If they're too short then you'll have problems with snapping the hose and if they're too long they will probibly rub on either the tyre, body or suspension etc etc (which should fail the MOT)

Digitalfaze

the brakes were already on the car when i bought it so unsure what lines are on it just now, any way to tell what are standard gti-r and whats not? thanks for the replies folks