boot and exhaust

P

pixi

mite upset some of you 2 know but was hopin I mite get some good come back from this?
I wanted my pulsar to look diffrent from everybody else I do agree that bodykits do spoil the car, but just cutting the intercooler out in the bumper well thats done on 8/10 cars so I just had a though of putting the exhaust out of where the lights are on the back the custom making lights in the boot lid and plats to cover the exses hole where the lights were but not sure it will look rite anybody got anythin good to reply???

J

justin666

pixi said:
I wanted my pulsar to look diffrent from everybody else I do agree that bodykits do spoil the car
Personal opinion is that this exhaust idea will spoil the look of the car aswell :( It certainly will look different but not my cup of tea. Each to their own tho.

J..

paz

Don't think Mr MOT would like that too much either come to think about about it - having almost red hot pieces of metal sticking out of the back of the car at a high which can be easily touched by anyone. I know the clio V6 does something similar, but they must do it in a special way with heatshields etc as its OEM.

Personally I think it would look even shitter than a smooth boot, and destroy the car, but as I always say, each to their own.

paz

P

pixi

heat shields will be used but it dont afect the mot as the pipes wont stick out that much, but as you said think it could make or break it, goin to try it an see if it looks pants can always put the lights back, the other idear is to go side exits,under the side skirts an smooth of the boot so its all flush

paz

You don't want to know my opinion on smooth boots, there's a thread floating arounf somewhere, can't be arsed typing it all again. Short version is I think they're sh1te, as do 80% ish of people, although some people like them and its your car so if you want to do it, do it..... yada yada yada :roll: :lol: :wink:

Personally I do like side exits, mostly for the noise :lol: but I believe it has other benefits as well, which I ca't quite remember right now, so I may be imagining things. One of the techy chaps will be able to tell you that. I know that the police don't tend to like them much, for the same reason I like them :lol:

Paz

P

pixi

I know some one whos had them done on his pulsar he has them just before the rear wheels an has a flame kit fitted on both sides of the car with a 4 inch letterbox pipe, the car spits flames with just the pipes but can now easy bbq them dame mopeds

B

blugtirboy

what about smoothing the tailgate and having a twin exhaust coming though it ,like the carisma renault 5 turbo had ,always thought that looked good ,looked like the fuel fillers on japanese touring cars :wink: :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
pixi said:
I just had a though of putting the exhaust out of where the lights are on the back ,the custom making lights in the boot lid
You might need to check the law concerning placement of lights as they have to be in a certain area as far as I'm aware.

JIMMYBACK said:
side exit zorst are mot failures ive been told :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:
No, they aren't :wink: I put my last car through about 5 MOTs with a side exit and couldn't find anything in the Police's constructions and use book the only time they pulled me (they thought my exhaust had fallen of, cos they couldn't see it on the back :p )

P

pixi

I had a r5 with side pipes same thing! as for lights on the boot they said I could just get away with it if I put them in the bumper but the indicators had to be on the outside edge of the bumper

Nad

What is happening to this forum, cant we split it in two or something!

Out of interest how old are u?

O

Odin

Nad said:
What is happening to this forum, cant we split it in two or something!

Out of interest how old are u?

yeah 12 year old d*ckheads on the left and proper R owners on the right please :roll: :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

pixi said:
me I am 22? Y whats that got to do with it?

If you need an answer to that your even more of a fool than I first thought :roll: :cry: .

rob

Nad

vpulsar said:
pixi said:
me I am 22? Y whats that got to do with it?

If you need an answer to that your even more of a fool than I first thought :roll: :cry: .

rob
It is a road going rally car despite what people wish to say the definition of what a road going rally car is. As like the Lancer Forum, bodystyling doesnt go down well because what is the point? Unless it increases performance, why bother?? If u want ur car to stand out paint it, why bother with bodykits etc?? U cant see the outside of the car when ur driving so who cares?

What is putting the exhaust out of where the lights are going to achieve, except waste money?

P

pixi

piss u lot off for a start, lol well we all buy cars becouse we like them an for a start body modz can help performance down force and arodynamics whats wroung with making it stand out??? an the pipes out the lights aint a def just an idear we test fit some side exits any way which look better

kyepan

pixi said:
naughty u lot off for a start, lol well we all buy cars becouse we like them an for a start body modz can help performance down force and arodynamics whats wroung with making it stand out??? an the pipes out the lights aint a def just an idear we test fit some side exits any way which look better
if you want to source a body kit that improves the cars aerodynamics, or more efficent side skirts that improve under body air flow and splitters that do a better job of sticking our little bricks to the road.. then go for it, you would see attitudes here change..in an instant. ... and everyone would want them..

But your not an aerodynamicist... your only interested in making it look "sweet".. why don't you go back to nicking pic'n mix from woolies.

:roll:

All the bodykits available are really only wide boy conversions... some do look more aggressive.. but. really don't do anything performance wise, plus they add weight.

prove me wrong.. I would welcome some interesting conversation on aerodynamics..

Ps whats the best oil to use?

P

pixi

well everything I had on my skyline seemed to work fine spoiler, spliter etc, but as I only just got my r then I am learning at the mo okay I am sure u wernt born with unlimited knowledge of the r an as for nicking pik n mixi just be care fully that they dont take away ur disabilaty car??????

kyepan

pixi said:
well everything I had on my skyline seemed to work fine spoiler, spliter etc, but as I only just got my r then I am learning at the mo okay I am sure u wernt born with unlimited knowledge of the r an as for nicking pik n mixi just be care fully that they dont take away ur disabilaty car??????
lol yeah last time i got caught, just got a rap on the wrist :wink: