Are used evo injectors ok?

Perrin21

Hi, i have ordered a set of used evo injectors 560cc, the price seemed good but im wondering if they are too cheap. Should i consider sending them to http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/post.htm to have them tested and cleaned or is there another way of testing them prior to driving 200 miles to edd for a remap and nistune?

John

If they have come from a car and were previously working then there shouldnt be any issue with them, I assume you spoke to the seller and confirmed this as most evo injectors become available because of upgrade? To be honest if you are worried about the condition why did you buy them? Pointless buying something on the cheap if there is the potential that there is damage to the unit or they need further work to get them up to a standard that is useable.

Perrin21

He said they were fine, I just don't want to end up at edds to find out one is faulty. Is there any way to check them for free? Besides, there's no guarantee of anything on eBay that's used.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
How old are they? I'd be tempted to send them off for a clean and test; much easier to do it now before they're in, and you can (a) have the peace of mind that they're all working and (b) know that they're cleaned and flowing as they should.

John

Total cost would be about £67 for 4 injectors. I paid £75 for the injectors
See at that cost I wouldnt bother, surely Edd will have Injectors lying around if your second hand ones are faulty so if push comes to shove you can buy some new ones on the day.

stumo

I would always get second hand injectors cleaned and tested,

If you've got one that's flowing a different amount to the others then that can cause problems .

gtir_pimp

might aswell get them cleaned and tested for peace of mind. i bought mine for £80 and didnt bother getting them checked but i was lucky

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What's involved in cleaning them? I've got access to plenty of solvents and an ultrasonic bath... when it's your department nobody questions what you need them for.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
What's involved in cleaning them? I've got access to plenty of solvents and an ultrasonic bath... when it's your department nobody questions what you need them for.
I believe it's just an ultrasonic bath. The key is to flow test them though so you know they are working properly and not just clean.

Good to know you have an ultrasonic bath :)

gtirx2

I am not 100% sure on this but i think there are 2 slightly different types of evo injectors.

I think the uk 260 evo injectors have a different pintle design or something and flow slightly less than the other 560cc evo injectors.

I dont think there is much in it tbh but i am sure i have seen it mentioned on the mlr.