Another power fc question!

coxie

no as far as i can gather the cost was a power fc,mapping and a loom to connect to the harness.i asked about the commander but was told it would be another £££'s.this is why i am asking because i don't want to get ripped off :x

A

Anonymous

coxie said:
no as far as i can gather the cost was a power fc,mapping and a loom to connect to the harness.i asked about the commander but was told it would be another £££'s.this is why i am asking because i don't want to get ripped off :x
def think somebody has either their cars or the power fc`s mixed up.

skiddusmarkus

So the controller isn't really necessary if you have a laptop then?Especially as you seem to be able to access more stuff with one.
As an aside,I've heard if you remove the commander,it acts as an immobiliser as you can have revs set really low so it will stall car if someone tries to drive it off.Anyone know about this?

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
So the controller isn't really necessary if you have a laptop then?Especially as you seem to be able to access more stuff with one.
As an aside,I've heard if you remove the commander,it acts as an immobiliser as you can have revs set really low so it will stall car if someone tries to drive it off.Anyone know about this?
no,the commander isn`t required if you have the software.
with the commander you don`t map in real time,you`re actually mapping off of a trace.with the software you can map in real time which will allow you to adjust the map while you`re driving and be able to feel the difference immediately.

the commander allows you to access and adjust any feature of the fc.if you had the commander with you,you could lower the rev limit to 2000rpm if you wanted.then,when you come back to the car,reset it again.
bit of a pain in the a%se doing that all the time tho.

btw,sam says you are special case as you are a "special" friend of mr gannon :shock: :shock: :shock:

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
My mum says I'm special :lol: .Who's Mr.Gannon?
the guy from lancer register dave400 or summat that won totb handling.
if sam flies down to east midlands to work on dave`s car,he`ll take my lap top and map your car if you can get your ar%e in gear and buy an fc :D and go halfs with me for the software :wink:

coxie

what kind of price should i be looking at for a power fc fitted and mapped with no commander :?:

A

Anonymous

coxie said:
what kind of price should i be looking at for a power fc fitted and mapped with no commander :?:
don`t mean to be vague but,it depends.
if i get this software,which is more than likely,you`d be welcome to borrow it and a lap top to get it mapped.
then you have the cost of the mapping which could be anything from £250-£350.
then you buy the power fc from the cheapest poss source,which is gtir spares if that earlier price is right.

E

Edd

memskis WI is not mapped with the PowerFc though, he uses it as an extra safety measure, but doesnt change the map for it

C

Crazy

Is this right lads

As far as I know the dealer I am working with has the largest stock of these systems in the US right now, and he will not sell them until APEXI corrects the fan control issue. In case you missed it, APEXI set the fans so they only come on full speed at 100C (212F) and then they locked this control out on the software. The APEXI engineers insist that this setting is what they have been using in Japan for years and that they do not think it is a problem, so they did not want to change it. After several meetings and a bit of arm twisting I believe this issue will be corrected soon, but I think this is why you have not seen very many other people with these systems yet. FYI the stock ECU seems to kick the fans in high gear at around 85-90C.
Becasue I prefer my fan to come in around 85-90C, especially during the summer.

Can any one with a Apexi power FC check this for me please! 8)