Another power fc question!

coxie

I have been getting ready to purchase a power fc for my R now that x-mas is out the way and have rang one well known tuner who i haven't used before and they said i have to buy a loom to connect the power fc to my R as they don;t make one specifically.this has pissed me off as it is an extra £200 for the loom. are they talking shit or is it correct please help. :roll:

A

Anonymous

i didn`t have to buy a special loom,just plug and play :lol:

coxie

thats what i thought after reading about peoples experiences with it.does that sound dodgy then. :?

A

Anonymous

coxie said:
thats what i thought after reading about peoples experiences with it.does that sound dodgy then. :?
poss just got the cars or ecu mixed up.maybe different models need a loom.

A

Anonymous

coxie said:
they quoted me £1390 fitted and mapped. :roll:
when you say loom,do you mean the commander?
the power fc from norris is about £900 iirc
the commander was about £250,then another couple of hundred to map it seems about right.

if you go to someone like simon who already has the commander for the mapping,then you don`t have to buy it unless you wanted to map it for yourself at a later date.

another option would be to buy that software i asked about earlier,then you could have as many maps as you wanted stored in a lap top :D

M

Muppet

How much is the software and where can you get it from. Also what lead is needed to link it up to a laptop.

thanks muppet.

E

Edd

or go to hiteq where Ian will map it more accurately on his laptop :wink:

O

Odin

wasn't gary at gti spares flogging the fc and commander for £750 all in :wink:

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
wasn't gary at gti spares flogging the fc and commander for £750 all in :wink:
if he could do a commander and an fc for an r at that price,with the correct software,i`m sure he wouldn`t have been slow in telling us :wink:

skiddusmarkus

So how much is the software then?

Bruce,when you say you want to map yours for race fuel,I'm presuming that it has the facility for 2 or more maps?I'm interested in this cos I want a seperate map for using nitrous which requires less advance.

chrisniss91

oap-r said:
coxie said:
they quoted me £1390 fitted and mapped. :roll:
when you say loom,do you mean the commander?
the power fc from norris is about £900 iirc
the commander was about £250,then another couple of hundred to map it seems about right.

if you go to someone like simon who already has the commander for the mapping,then you don`t have to buy it unless you wanted to map it for yourself at a later date.
I had mine supplied and fitted Without commander for £1200 :) At ND

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
So how much is the software then?

Bruce,when you say you want to map yours for race fuel,I'm presuming that it has the facility for 2 or more maps?I'm interested in this cos I want a seperate map for using nitrous which requires less advance.
depending on whether you use a serial link or a usb [?] it`s $363 or $388
according to sam,i would copy all the mapping points using optimax into a file on the lap top.i then completely re-map the car with the race fuel and copy that into a file on the lap top as well.you could then have as many maps stored as you could ever want and each of them would only be an upload away.
sam also said it would be easier and more accurate doing it with the lap top than the commander for some reason.i don`t know if you somehow get more mapping points with the lap top than the commander.

R

robinsongtir

is this sam ellasar THE DENTIST of the lancerregister doing the mapping ?
Bruce can you PM me the mapping and setting up costsand did you have to travel to him?