An invitation for free drag racing and drifting!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd love to see a GTi-R trying to drift; I know there's one video of a guy on a roundabout, and plenty of people in the snow, but that's not the same thing.

si...

Yeah a pulsar drifting sounds fun can't you remove front drive shafts to make it rwd
I think this has been done by someone before

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Removing the front drive shafts will just make the wheel bearing collapse, and I'm sure sure that the viscous coupling would last very long (or even if it would send any drive to the rear at all).

skiddusmarkus

I might be up for the drag racing(never drifted before, would look a right mong).Car is around 400bhp so there are more powerful ones about.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Well, I had mine drifting on a roundabout about five minutes ago... :shock:

Obviously that has more to do with the rain than on my "mad skillz" or the inate driftability of a short wheelbase AWD car. - I always expect a bit of understeer on wet roads like this, but the back doesn't usually step out; lift-off, a touch of opposite lock, back on the power, and I was back in the right direction.
It behaves better than my R-reg Fiesta did in a similar situation; the upshot of that was that I could get it straight in time to avoid the concrete post holding the gaurd rails... but at least that stopped me going over the edge and into a river. :lol:

ollie

Some of you may also have RWD cars but the reason for posting here was to get some good powered GTIR's for the drag racing.

gtir_pimp

yeah i had a quiafe in mine at 480 bhp but too scared to launch it hard, quaifes aint bullet proof. danny launched his 500 pulsar once. . . . and he wont do that again! boooooooom!:lol: