Alignment on 17 inch wheels?!?!

GTiR_Spin

Hey guys i got my red GTiR over here in the states and i need to know what angles and dimensions to get a four wheel alignment with 205/40/17's all the way around. can Anybody give me these numbers since this car isnt in our US databases. i was told to have it aligned as a 1992 mistubishi eclipse gsx since there both awd and macpherson struts but that sounds like an awful idea. any help would be greatly appreciated!

youngsyp

You're right, having it aligned like any other car is a very bad idea !

I'll check tonight and get the alignment figures for you, although, the size of the wheels wont make any difference !

Paul

gunmetalgtir

GTiR_Spin said:
i was told to have it aligned as a 1992 mistubishi eclipse gsx since there both awd and macpherson struts but that sounds like an awful idea.
I guess you won't be going back to that place to get it done then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

youngsyp

This is courtesy of Scott AKA Braveheart:

For a 1991 - 1993 Sunny / Pulsar GTI-R N14

Where d = degrees

Front
----- Min Max
Left Toe 0 d 03' 0 d 09'
Right Toe 0 d 03' 0 d 09'
Total Toe 0 d 06' 0 d 18'
Set Back ******* ******

Left Camber -0 d 39' 0 d 50'
Right Camber -0 d 39' 0 d 50'
Camber Diff. ******* 0 d 30'

Left Caster 0 d 30' 2 d 00'
Right Caster 0 d 30' 2 d 00'
Caster Diff. ******* 0 d 30'

Rear
----
Min Max
Left Toe -0 d 03' 0 d 08'
Right Toe -0 d 03' 0 d 08'
Total Toe -0 d 06' 0 d 16'
Thrust Line ******* *******

Left Camber -0 d 55' 0 d 34'
Right Camber -0 d 55' 0 d 34'

If you wanted to try something a little more aggressive, I have the following set up:

Front toe: 0 degrees (I'd be tempted to add a few minutes tow out, to sharpen up turn in. This will wear tyres out quicker though !)
Front camber: 1 degree 30 minutes negative (I'd be tempted to go for 2 degrees negative next time)
Front castor: 2 degrees 50 minutes positive (you'll only be able to adjust castor with the Whiteline anti lift/dive kit or similar). Just take what you can get here !

Rear toe: 12 minutes toe out (from memory)
Rear camber: 1 degree 15 minutes negative.

Overall I'm happy with my set up (I have coilovers all round and a fully poly bushed front end) but, as above, I'd be tempted to add a few minutes of toe out at the front to improve initial turn in and them maybe another 30 minutes (0.5 degrees) of negative front camber, to promote more ultimate lateral grip up front.

Have a play with the set up and find what's best for you. The first way to do this is to experiment with your tyre pressures, and see what feels best !

Paul

GTiR_Spin

Wow! thanks alot Paul i owe ya. il hand this page over to my garage right away, this is gonna save me so much hassle and no i will not be returning to the garage that wants to align my car as an eclipse ha