80mm Maf wiring starting to annoy me!

boucherie

im still trying to work out the correct way to wire up my maf and hopefully someone will be able to help as i think im moving in the right direction!!

after scanning the web i've found out the wiring order for the new plug into the stock maf.

from what i can make out it goes like this using a guide from the Z32 wiring diagrams as they use the same 6pin plugs:

new plug:
A: Blank
B: White (AF signal out)
C: Black (Ground)
D: Black (Ground)
E: Red/Green (+12V)
F: Blank

Stock Maf:
A: Orange (+12v)
B: White (ecu and spur to earth)
C: Orange (To relay)

from this i presume the new white goes to the relay wire, and the red/green to the power wire but when i wired it up in this way i saw 15millivolts on the power fc where on ignition with the stock maf i get at least 500millivolts (0.5V)

i switched the white and red/green wires over and got 5115millivolts displayed so i know they are the right wires.

what i cant seem to work out is;
a) do i need to fit both earths as ive seen posts that only 1 will do, and can it be ran seperatly or does it need to go into the stock loom.
b) have i got the connections the right way round as last time i attempted this i saw about 35millivolts but the car wouldnt run
c)is there any way i can use the stock maf but in a 3" pipe if i cant get any more luck with this one and how would i go about it??

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Is it the 80mm Scooby MAF by any chance... AWD used that on thier car.. Might be work giving Dave a call....

Rishi

boucherie

nah its not a scooby one, defineatly came off a nissan of some sort, maybe a maxima or something like that?

ive just found my old post which mentioned using the stock maf sensor in a 3" pipe, but would i still be able to get the car to run on the pfc base map or do i need to alter the set points etc before starting the car?