18s

J

jiw

18's are no good for handling on a car the size of the R, they just dont do the justice, i had 17's on mine when i bought it, the best thing i did was sell them to a fiesta owner, as soon as i put the 15's on it totally transformed the car, as for tyres, you have to have some give in the sidewall, those 35 profiles are useless and increase suspension/body roll

on my old car i had 15's 16's 17's and those dreaded 18's, it seemed as soon as i stepped over the 16" mark the handling just plumetted rapidly, jeff.

O

Odin

Don't bother Jeff disco kn0b know's it all mate. He's all of about 12 year's old and must of driven every car on the planet by now and know every race track in the country.

You also can't compair a car built for the gt series to a 12 year old rally car can you fella, your just showing us all how stupid you really are :roll: .

rob

Tony

My pal races an R and wont put 16`s on because it will compromise his handling so i cant see that 18`s would be any good at all!!!! i know people with evos with 18`s on and even they say it wont handle as well!!!!

If you put 18`s on an R then you may as well go and drive round the local roller disco!!!!!!!

Bet if you put smaller rims on the car then it would supprised at wot you`ve been missing!!!!! :wink:

Tony....

D

disco dave

i think i worked out the problem with ur car v why it dnt handle right on bigger wheels or even that samller wheels may be its cos ther 150 kg or blugbber in the driveing seat thats why u car handles like shite and u a nobber. u just have to look at ut personality to tell that .

O

Odin

disco dave said:
i think i worked out the problem with ur car v why it dnt handle right on bigger wheels or even that samller wheels may be its cos ther 150 kg or blugbber in the driveing seat thats why u car handles like Old Skoda and u a nobber. u just have to look at ut personality to tell that .
:shock: :shock: I'm just so hurt by your unkind word's matey :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

NOT now where's my big mac gone :wink:

rob

O

Odin

disco dave said:
ive dne that one nob rot and ur never on.
That's my only one fella, I'm just off at the moment because i'm busy, but you will get me later mate.

rob

ex-gtir

dave mate look gt series cars are on a smooth track
rally cars only run big brakes and big wheels on tarmac stages they use smaller wheels and brakes on rough stuff

MarkTurbo

Those Porsche's come with 18's as standard so going up to 20's is only the same as putting 16's on an R :wink:

Like Mike said rally cars only use 18's on tarmac so they can get the biggest brakes possible on the car but losing a bit of handling in the process. As soon as they dont need the extra braking they go back to wheels that handle better, ie smaller ones.

And anyone who thinks an R on 18's handles just as good as one on smaller wheels obviously dosent push it hard enough :lol: :mrgreen:

zia

17's are o.k providing 1. they are light 2. you have the correct offset and tyre width. also with 16's your limited in disc,s size's espcially on tarmac where big brake make alot of difference, on tarmac you can carry alot more speed and brake later before entering the corner. with mud/snow etc small wheel's allow better manoverability and brake's are less imported because you don,t have carry the same speed as tarmac.

zia

Nad

I could dig my book out on wheels sizes and tyres but I wont, its nearly 11. All I will say is that you have also got to think of the inertia of a larger rotating wheel. On a GT car this isnt an issue as small track and not as much acceleration/deceleration as say a rally car.

Bigger wheels also put more strain on certain components and big wheels = elastic bands, not good on a rally car, no abosrbtion = more breakages.

Also bigger wheels allow for wider wheels. If 18's were so good why do F1 cars wear 13/14's. Well aerodynamics but thats something else.

J

jiw

ROB, Pipe down you obese cross dressing TART :twisted:

vpulsar said:
Don't bother Jeff disco kn0b know's it all mate. He's all of about 12 year's old and must of driven every car on the planet by now and know every race track in the country.

You also can't compair a car built for the gt series to a 12 year old rally car can you fella, your just showing us all how stupid you really are :roll: .

rob

O

Odin

jiw said:
ROB, Pipe down you obese cross dressing TART :twisted:

vpulsar said:

rob

OK dad :oops:

you know me and 18's though :roll:

rob

J

jiw

Sorry i thought you where more of a 36 :lol:

rob[/quote][/quote]

OK dad :oops:

you know me and 18's though :roll:

rob[/quote]

P

PaddyPower

stomski said:
mattygti-r said:
stomski said:
handles fine for me, ive given it a bit of welly in the wet round twisty country lanes and im still here :wink: :shock:

plus dave turned the boost up and floored it round his area when i went to see it, i had no problems and my mate said it felt like it was glued to the road :D :wink:

as dave said, with the right set up/balance its fine to put big rims on :wink:
odd that, cos i thought dave was a sensible driver going by his other post :wink:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:D :D :D :D

I agree, either you do drive within the laws of the road or you dont, which is it?

P

PaddyPower

vpulsar said:
jiw said:

That's just my c 0 c k :wink:

rob
Are we talking trouser waist sizwe here?

If we are then what is wrong with a 36"????

I am a 40" in some trousers and i bet i look slim jim compared to most of you.

JIMMYBACK

PaddyPower said:
vpulsar said:
jiw said:

That's just my c 0 c k :wink:

rob
Are we talking trouser waist sizwe here?

If we are then what is wrong with a 36"????

I am a 40" in some trousers and i bet i look slim jim compared to most of you.
40" u fat bar steward
:shock: :lol: :lol: