18s

Sonnygtir

My friend (honest) has been offered 18s for his pulsar. What tyres size are others running with his size wheel? 215/35/18?

S

stomski

ive got 225/35 on my 18's matey

here she is in the flesh.......

Mr GTiR

If your not bothered about performance and handling then i think they look the bolloxs (yes i had a set). Otherwise performance and handling will suffer.

ki_saj_ng

also stomski, ur wheels look well 8) suit the car and they actually make u wanna put 18's on it.

however, i can see in the pic that ur front ends lowered n uv had ur rear raised :wink:

we definately need some sort of add-on for the rear bumper as it looks SHIT!!!

cool car!!!

saj 8)

Mr GTiR

14's + standard brakes = crap brakes!

The smallest you can go and still fit decent brakes are 15"

Most people opt for 16" with good brakes but tyres are hard to find and expensive.

If you want BIG calipers go for 300mm + and 17" :wink:

D

disco dave

i used to own the gtir above and ur comments r crap
if u set ur car up correctly u can make it handle better than with smaller wheels
if u as stomksi i bet he will agree kerion was always ribbing me about 18s and shit handling but after goibg out in it and driveing against it even he went with bigger wheels if u put ur money in the right places u can make it handle the bollocks and matty u only ever had 18s how the fuck do u know wot itl handle like unless u had 18s before.

mattygti-r

the difference from 16s to lightweight alloys i can imagine that difference 10 fold from going from 18s

ive spoken to a few people who used to run 18s, and they say the same

why dont you see pulsars comming in off the boat with 18s on from japan?

they always come with lightweight alloys always 15s

no offence if you want to run 18s then do so

but i think you need the breaks to go with them as well

your car dave was more of a show car 18s suited it but i wouldnt have had them on my car

O

Odin

disco dave said:
if u set ur car up correctly u can make it handle better than with smaller wheels

Sorry Dave but your talking out your ar5e again :roll: , Like matty said you never see them come over here on 18's do you, I'v yet to see an old
pic of them running 18's when they where rallyed have you.

!6's is a big as I'd go and that's just because I can't get 15's ovewr my brakes :wink: .

As for anybody wanting to fit 18's well I think you'ev bought the wrong car.

rob

S

stomski

handles fine for me, ive given it a bit of welly in the wet round twisty country lanes and im still here :wink: :shock:

plus dave turned the boost up and floored it round his area when i went to see it, i had no problems and my mate said it felt like it was glued to the road :D :wink:

as dave said, with the right set up/balance its fine to put big rims on :wink:

mattygti-r

stomski said:
handles fine for me, ive given it a bit of welly in the wet round twisty country lanes and im still here :wink: :shock:

plus dave turned the boost up and floored it round his area when i went to see it, i had no problems and my mate said it felt like it was glued to the road :D :wink:

odd that, cos i thought dave was a sensible driver going by his other post :wink:

S

stomski

mattygti-r said:
stomski said:

odd that, cos i thought dave was a sensible driver going by his other post :wink:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

D

disco dave

so v ur car is a rally car then thats why u put 16s on it if im so wrng why when u built race car in porcshe gt series did we rum 20 inch wheels cos if woth u say is right itl handle like shit. when u can actuly prove me wrng then well c if i stil had my car id get u to put ur car where ur mouth is and put them both round a track and see who handles better.