1 bar = engine rebuild

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I have a Pulsar for fun and a new Honda accord for the family runabout, and agree with you Rob, Honda make a great car.

A

Anonymous

Re: ap or helix clutch,not happy

Fizzy said:
CRIKEY! If you're that worried about things not lasting, best stop posting before you wear out your computer. They don't last forever you know! ;) :p

PMSL!!!

Mohsan,

No need to be defensive. People just get tired of being told their car will fall apart in front of their eyes when it's not true.

These rumors come about when Max plonker readers sell their 1.1 Shitron Saxos and buy a Pulsar for £3000 and try and run it on the same budget as their old Saxo. Would you slap a bleed valve on a 911 Turbo? I don't think so! You will have to shell out the best part of £200 for plugs, oil and filter on a Pulsar, and that is every 3000 miles not £50 on the lot every 15,000 miles on a Saxo/Fiesta/106

Dunc

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I agree with changing the oil and filter but why would you want to change the plugs every 3000 miles, the HKS 40i plugs have a 40,000 waranty.

F

Fizzy

stevepudney said:
I agree with changing the oil and filter but why would you want to change the plugs every 3000 miles, the HKS 40i plugs have a 40,000 waranty.
Hands up all those people that wouldn't change the plugs for 40,000 miles? :p ;)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
FROM THE DENSO WEBSITE

Q. How long will Iridium Last?
A. Iridium use represents the most significant technological advance in automotive spark plug manufacturing, since platinum was introduced in the early eighties. As vehicle manufacturers produce increasingly complex and efficient automobiles, there is a greater need for long-life plugs that can tolerate leaner fuel mixtures and improved combustion processes. DENSO has responded to this need by developing its Iridium alloy, originally for OE applications. For example, many newer Lexus’ and Toyota models carry an ultra long-life Iridium plug variation (.7mm with platinum tipped ground) that is capable of up to 120,000 miles of service. DENSO Iridium Power plugs, with their .4mm center electrode, have been developed for performance applications. Because gradual wear will “round-off” firing points over time, the concentrated firing power and voltage requirement benefits will be reduced. For this reason, DENSO advises replacement after 30,000 miles.

OK this is not info from the HKS site but Denso, there is info stating the recommended service life of there plugs somewhere I just cant find it.

But even so, pick the bones out of that :wink: