1 bar = engine rebuild

F

Fizzy

Re: ap or helix clutch,not happy

mohsan said:
how can one be happy with a car thats not going to last,i mean the turbo goes,that aint good!
The fact that it goes on standard cars is another thing which aint good,how much am i looking at for engine rebuild when im due,or a new turbo?
feel like selling my black beauty
I will get a turbo timer and i will keep my services up to date and regular,thanks.
CRIKEY! If you're that worried about things not lasting, best stop posting before you wear out your computer. They don't last forever you know! ;) :p
I had my car for 2 and a half years, and the only thing I changed other than consumable items was the clutch. The SR20 engine is strong. It's only when Mr. Max Plonker buys one from his mate for £2k, opens the bleed valve wide open, and runs 1.5 bar without doing anything else, just so he can beat his mates round Halfords car park :roll:

mohsan

cheers guys

feel a little cheered up and at the same time am thinking turn boost down,but the mods i have done have been carried out properly so it should all go well.Ive always known the nissan engine as a strong one im sure itl cope.and 1 bar i think aint to bad either for it to handle.
What i will invest in will be the turbo timer,or ive been told just to leave engine running for about a minute before switch off.!?
I am also keen on taking my services so car should maintain tip top really

Mr GTiR

once i get my car back i'll be running it on 0.8 and 1 bar for every day use and 1.4/1.5 bar on high boost for when i want to play :twisted:

at the end of the day if you look after your car then it will last. do basic things like let it warm up from cold before thrashing the life out of it, let it cool down after you have been driving it, not driving it on the limter all the time, regular services, USING OPTIMAX, etc.

good luck with it mate.

regards
Andy

C

Cashpoint

The SR20 is a strong engine as at the time i sold mine it had 167K miles on the clock. I'd had the car 3 years and was running at 1 bar the whole time.

From the history of the car (UK car so had all the history) i could tell it had had a new turbo at 75K and need a new one when i sold it. Had lunched one std clutch at 140K which i replaced with an uprated one and the gearbox was replace at the same time as i had lost 1st and 2nd. All the no compression problems at all.

Like any moded high performace car treat them well and they will last.

JU5TY

Fizzy said:
CRIKEY! If you're that worried about things not lasting, best stop posting before you wear out your computer. They don't last forever you know! ;) :p
PMSL!!!

MarkTurbo

vpulsar said:
mohsan said:
I'v seen pulsar's with over 100k on one engine so there not unreliable.
If you do things properly the gti-r engine seems pretty bullet proof :D Mines done 123,000 miles and still going strong 8)

The only major things its had are a turbo at around 70,000 miles, and a headgasket at 110,000. I'm not even sure that i needed to do the headgasket but i had a slight doubt about it so i thought i might as well do it as i was doing a clutch change anyway.

C

charlie

wastegates are for fags :p who needs em?

Theres a guy on nopistons.com, says he doesnt use a boost controller. He uses his right foot :lol:

F

Fizzy

Re: thanks guys

JU5TY said:
mohsan said:
ju5ty must be about 12 years old
Why does finding that funny make me 12 years old? :?
Don't worry ju5ty, selling your car because it doesn't last "FOREVER" makes you 6 years old :p

mohsan

whats ur problem?fizzy

you know what,i aint even gona reply to this topic,cant understand why your looking to argue,or put me down. it doesnt mean im selling the car cause it dont last forever! cause no car does. thanks anyway,you were so helpful justy and fizzy,great response from you two

O

Odin

Don't worrie ju5ty/fizzy he's from bristol which means he's brains
turned to mush long ago from all that drug abuse :shock: :lol: .

rob

mohsan

?

it doesnt matter where your from its where your at!
and thank you aswell for your help great v pulsar.

O

Odin

Re: ?

mohsan said:
it doesnt matter where your from its where your at!
and thank you aswell for your help great v pulsar.
Your welcome matey now go and buy that honda you always wanted
they never brake down :roll: :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

Re: your so clever

mohsan said:
not!
already got one
If you already have a great car like a honda what do you wan't a 5hitty
old pulsar for :? as they always brake and are made of chocalate :roll: .

rob

A

Anonymous

:roll: whats this topic come to :roll:

bit on the pulsar fail, i've never had anything major fail(touch wood/head) despite ragging it everywhere(after warming it up) for the first.....well all the time! :lol:

If your a power junkie like 99% of this board then whats a turbo here or engine rebuild there between buddies :lol:

Mr GTiR

Hudson said:
If your a power junkie like 99% of this board then whats a turbo here or engine rebuild there between buddies :lol:
spot on, i'm on my 4th turbo :D

only killed one of the 4 and the other 3 have been upgrades :wink: