Wideband Sensor / Kit

youngsyp

The Innovate Motorsport LC-1 is probably the best value and simplest to install. You'll need to buy a separate gauge for it but, most retailers will do a package deal.
If you're not after a permanent install, the LM-1 is slightly cheaper and comes with a handheld display.

Paul

J

jpward

Just got myself one from these guys not even out of the box yet!

Yourfuelsource

Mention that i got one and i am sure they will do some discount!

olliecast

cheers guys! think i`ll try the ebay one first.
getting nervous about fitting my new mines ecu for 1.1bar without knowing whats happening (although fuelling is fine on stock ecu at 1 bar). Would you guys fit it prior to the wideband?

youngsyp

If you want to buy one of the AEM UEGO kits in the UK, TDI North have them for £139 + vat and delivery (£163.33 + delivery).

Paul

Mr GTiR

youngsyp said:
If you want to buy one of the AEM UEGO kits in the UK, TDI North have them for £139 + vat and delivery (£163.33 + delivery).

Paul
Sweet, I knwo Paul and Mark very well at TDi. That's a very good price considering it's from the UK.

If you get it from TDi, tell Paul that Andy Chan from the GTiROC sent you and they will look after you :thumbsup:

olliecast

cheers guys! another 150 quid to spend on the R! this never ends does it, lol.
gotta to get it sorted beofre i move house, or the mrs is going to cut my knackers off!

olliecast

Mr GTiR said:
Ditto.

My AEM wideband was brought from Ebay in the States and cost £119.56 delivered with no tax or duties :thumbsup:
how did you get around the tax and duties?

oh, and you don`t happen to have the company name for the wideband in your ebay feedback items do you? :oops::)
can`t find one cheaper anywhere (although that is real cheap!)

did you just whip off your downpipe and get the bung welded in?
i was thinking of getting it put in my decat, looks easier to remove than the whole dp

Last edited:
J

jpward

olliecast said:

oh, and you don`t happen to have the company name for the wideband in your ebay feedback items do you? :oops::)

i was thinking of getting it put in my decat, looks easier to remove than the whole dp
De-Cats too far down wind to be of any real use, you want it as close to the turbo as you can get away with considering the heat of the turbo but, front pipe is were you should fit the bung (AEM Kit comes with the correct bung needed) and remember it needs to cant at a shallow angle.

£135 delivered is all i paid from the states and this was the best price i could get!
taxes are hit and miss some you get charged and some not but tax on that price would only be about £15 tops

@ Club
As i have not decided on where my guage is going can people throw pics and best "Tidy" area to install guage up so I can decide Thanks

:thumbsup:

Mr GTiR

olliecast said:

I told them to send it as a gift and they did as they we're told :thumbsup:

Had a look on my feedback but it was purchased too long ago. I also suspect the $ was a lot weaker than what it is now as that makes a bit of difference. Mine is located in the 3" elbow. I had a bung put in for the AEM when the elbow was made ;-) As JP has already stated the decat is too far down the exhaust IMO.

jpward said:
@ Club
As i have not decided on where my guage is going can people throw pics and best "Tidy" area to install guage up so I can decide Thanks
My guages are loacted in my glovebox:

Look in my thread in memebers cars for how it was done, see page 25

J

jpward

Mr GTiR said:
I told them to send it as a gift and they did as they we're told :thumbsup:

Had a look on my feedback but it was purchased too long ago. I also suspect the $ was a lot weaker than what it is now as that makes a bit of difference. Mine is located in the 3" elbow. I had a bung put in for the AEM when the elbow was made ;-) As JP has already stated the decat is too far down the exhaust IMO.

My guages are loacted in my glovebox:

Look in my thread in memebers cars for how it was done, see page 25
:shock:

Andy what have you done to that dash!!!

The word "Tidy" I did mention it ahum :lol:

Mr GTiR

Cheeky feeker, that's a picture of it when it was being worked on. Everything is now tidy and stealth 8)

olliecast

jpward said:
De-Cats too far down wind to be of any real use, you want it as close to the turbo as you can get away with considering the heat of the turbo but, front pipe is were you should fit the bung
i`ve been reading about on these and some people are saying not to mount them to close to the turbo.
I agree that if you are tuning using a mappable ecu then you need the info to be directly representative with the injector info etc. but for me i`m just wanting to see if my mines unit ain`t going send the motor up in smoke i don`t see any problem of having it a little more downstream. (chip in if you know any more reasons)

if you get me

cheers ollie:lol:

J

jpward

Mr GTiR said:
Cheeky feeker, that's a picture of it when it was being worked on. Everything is now tidy and stealth 8)

Here i would hardly call having the glove box open in order to view my guages "Stealth" :lol:

But each to their own :p

Glad you got sorted olliecast!

So we just some nic pics of installs to complete this thread :useless:

;-)

olliecast

jpward said:
Here i would hardly call having the glove box open in order to view my guages "Stealth" :lol:

But each to their own :p

Glad you got sorted olliecast!

So we just some nic pics of installs to complete this thread :useless:

;-)
amen to that!

GTIR-LOZ

can the aem wideband be connected to the emanage ultimate, as i need to get a wideband 02 sensor but it does not appear in the drop down menu for the wideband settings in the ultimate, if so which setting do i use and does the aem come with the connector for it