Who are Fusion Motorsport?

gunmetalgtir

Micra Ed said:
GTiROC changed its terms with traders and were the only ones who kept to them. Bobby has avoided them by claiming not to be a 'trader'. Lionel has skimmed them a bit, and had to remove advertising on his Sig, and Kev D isnt trading direct they are simply offering group buys. Were not new here having been on this site since about 2004.
How come you never offer any group buys or anything to the club then yet your allowed to plaster advertisments all over the calendar though?

It just that it looks as if the calendar suggests that Fusion contribute loads to this club, when you never see/hear about any of it!!!

O

Odin

gunmetalgtir said:
How come you never offer any group buys or anything to the club then yet your allowed to plaster advertisements all over the calendar though?

I don't think Fusion are really a parts supplier, Their specialty is ECU's and mapping I believe ;-) .

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Before everyone goes too far with this i will lay it out as it is..

Things i have allowed:
- Trader Offers: for traders to layout discounts to service or product but not to actively sell it.

- Group Buys: all Group Buy Offers are to be sent to to one of the Moderators or Admin team for screening prior to being posted in the GB Section

- Pulsarboby: originally listed as a non-trader as he was providing more of a service to people who readily need 2nd spare parts.. Very different from promoting the latest turbo or suspension kits.. However, if you want to be classed as a trader now then you will fall under the same rules as the rest of them. Now i have been looking at slowly re-instating traders who would need to be approved by the Club, hence why i asked when the site/offical trade would be ready. I have not done this yet and is also the reason that i prefer all 'traders' to register NOT using their company name which you all have complied to.

When we fully re-introduce traders/sponsorship you will all be notified of the terms and conditions and what we as a club will do for you.

Rishi

MarkTurbo

stevepudney said:
All advertisers were approached by staff at GTIROC as "trusted traders" and have paid to advertise in the calendar.
What does the club do with all the money from people that have paid to advertise in the calender? And with all the membership fee's?

As well as buying one of the calenders i was actually planing on stumping up the £20 to be a paid member but as nothing ever seems to happen with this club where does all the money go :?

gunmetalgtir

MarkTurbo said:
What does the club do with all the money from people that have paid to advertise in the calender? And with all the membership fee's?

As well as buying one of the calenders i was actually planing on stumping up the £20 to be a paid member but as nothing ever seems to happen with this club where does all the money go :?
MarkTurbo you've just asked the million pound question! :lol:

I would become a paid member as well but I'd want to know where the £20 was going!! :noidea:

gunmetalgtir

Odin said:
I don't think Fusion are really a parts supplier, Their specialty is ECU's and mapping I believe ;-) .

Rob
That's not what their website suggests Rob! ;-)

It's says that they supply "car parts and tuning items for Japanese based cars"

turbodaily

(taken from the fusion website)

What do we do?http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/

Primarily we do two things firstly supply parts and such as tyres and turbos and secondly work with OEM and after market ECU systems.
We offer mobile fitting and mapping facilities for Omex, e-Manage, Power FC, Motec, Microtec and most other popular ECU systems. We also have the facilities to remap stock Nissan ECU's and will soon be introducing Flash re-mapping technology for Subaru and Mitsubishi car computers. In addition to this we can map configure and setup virtually any piece of after market electronic control equipment such as boost controller, fuel computers or launch control.

gunmetalgtir

turbodaily said:
i thought the £20 contributes to the running costs of the site ie server bills etc..?
Do you honestly think that it costs £20 from every paid member on here to keep this forum running?? :lol:

mattytappy

I too would like to know where, and what happens to all the membership fees....as it appears all our £20 pound fees gets us is a sticker and a card......its doesnt cost that much to keep the site servers up and running...and yes granted we do get a bit of discount on some items via traders and alike so you could say we do get our moneys worth, but its not like the club is organizing alot at the moment.....but who is exactly pocketing the funds??:roll:

saddler

gunmetalgtir said:
MarkTurbo you've just asked the million pound question! :lol:

I would become a paid member as well but I'd want to know where the £20 was going!!
can anybody tell me the differance from a fully paid up member and None paying members as i cant work it out.:noidea:.. Why do none paying members have there cars Featured in the "club" Calendar :? ??

mattytappy

WOW.....Oh thats were it all went then..........what about organizing some thing more down in the southern area for a change or is that toooo far for the chairman and his moderators to travel for a change......i think its just there cars wont last the journey..lol

I think this need to be opened in another thread?

Last edited:

jameswrx2

mattytappy said:
I too would like to know where, and what happens to all the membership fees....as it appears all our £20 pound fees gets us is a sticker and a card......its doesnt cost that much to keep the site servers up and running...and yes granted we do get a bit of discount on some items via traders and alike so you could say we do get our moneys worth, but its not like the club is organizing alot at the moment.....but who is exactly pocketing the funds??:roll:

Without knowing the facts how can you be like this?

You need t know the amount of paying members, the cost of hosting this forum, cost of merchandise etc etc.

Fair enough if you want to know, but I'd hold off on the "where's the money go" stuff.

I'm not taking sides, I too would like to think the membership fee I pay gets used correctly and I'm sure it does.

At the end of the day though.. does it matter if the site owner makes a small amount from it too? I mean it does take work to run. I'd think if the owner was the money grabbing sort the site would be a lot bigger and a lot more advertising would be on here. It seems more to me like the money paid up members pay go to keeping this site as an enthusiasts site rather than a crowded forum of bollox (like most car forums end up like)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
pulsarmark said:
:drama2:
RishiGTiR
GTiROC Chairman :spy:
I don't even exist remember!

mattytappy said:
WOW.....Oh thats were it all went then..........what about organizing some thing more down in the southern area for a change
Thats what your AREA REPS are for! Kick their arses about it if they are not organising your events!

mattytappy said:
or is that toooo far for the chairman and his moderators to travel for a change......i think its just there cars wont last the journey..lol
Remind me to call Japfest and ask them to relocate the event next time! You live closer to Castle Combe than I do! Also remember that I spend a lot of time in the US so locations of any given event are not for personal preference..

Loads of people were all for a track day.. So we thought we'd pay for a track day for the members.. Only 9 turned up..

Yes there are also Server, Licencing and Maintinence Costs

This year your money has gone toward a new members pack which you will hear about shortly.. Should be very very soon that these are ready..

More merchandise.. Ordered already!

GTiROC Club Marquee..

Aiming to discount trackdays for members through one of the booking agents..

National Day will be more southern and probably more suitable for most people in the club regarding the type of event..

I'm sure there is more that i've missed regarding current members..

mattytappy said:
I think this need to be opened in another thread?
Yes it should!

Rishi

turbodaily

gunmetalgtir said:
Do you honestly think that it costs £20 from every paid member on here to keep this forum running?? :lol:
you know more than i do mate :lol: how much does it cost then??

at least its not compulsory to be a paid member unlike other forums...

dombat

What a can of worms has been opened.

Luckily my stuffed crust pizza will arrive shortly so i can read some other topics!

mattytappy

[Thats what your AREA REPS are for! Kick their arses about it if they are not organising your events! ]

Unfortunatly thats not my job to kick anyones arses......thats yours!!!
Thats what the other members and i pay our subscription for i thought.:roll:
If you need me to kick an area members **** then you need to pay me some of the £20s that the club is reciving

[Remind me to call Japfest and ask them to relocate the event next time! You live closer to Castle Combe than I do/QUOTE]

I might add that castle coombe is nearly 500 miles from some of us in kent and essex so if your up there in bonie scotland its hardly closer to me now is it, unless it is as you say you are in america in which case a track day in castle coombe is hardly going to apply to you anyway.....:roll: ????

Besides........why are getting touchy about the subject which i agree should be started in another thread.......???

Hit a nerve maybe:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited: