Which Stroker Kit

S

stuart rawlinson

Lets put it lk this if your going down the 2.2/2.3 route FORGET MONEY and how much its going to cost coz its one thing after the other 10k 20k 30k
Believe me :shock:

Here a better tip Spend an extra 3k/4k and buy one allready done :wink:

Stu

J

jaigtir

Again it all boils down to what you want the car for. If you want it for drag racing, then go all out and get it done. Personally, im having mine done without the stroker kit, and will pushing close to 380bhp but i want the car set up for track days and everyday use so im concentrating on having lots of low down torque.

It up to you matey in the end, if you got the money then get the whole lot done :wink:

A

Anonymous

jaigtir said:
so im concentrating on having lots of low down torque
then all the more reason for getting a stroker kit :wink:

apart from having a stronger engine to allow for more power production,a stroker kit will apparently give you 7% more torque than a std 2 ltr engine.these figures were quoted by ashley (?) a couple of years back.i don't know how he came about with this conclusion but,in my case especially,it seems to have been proved.

a stroker kit is a useful tool for filling in the lower end of the rev range with torque because,when you go for a bigger turbo and ever higher boost pressures,all the power/torque is moved higher up the rev range.

J

jaigtir

yeah, i know what ur saying oap, but unfortunatly, i dont that kind of money for it. So its the 2.0l for now :wink: , may consider it if i have an abundance of money later on, which is pretty unlikely the way things are going, lol :shock:

GINGA

IF Edd's car is only running 0.9bar :roll: :lol: on a standard turbo and is maxing out the injectors and maf then it should be putting out around 340bhp ish which alot of it must be down to the stroker kit 8)

E

Edd

Ginga you c*ck my car is no way 340bhp :roll:

and yes i am only running 0.9 bar :shock:

the car is awesome up to 70/80 but then the stroker and std turbo kick in and kills it up to 100 and beyond :cry:

i'm hoping for a good 1/8th mile time tomorrow but a sh*t 1/4 :cry:

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
the car is awesome up to 70/80 but then the stroker and std turbo kick in and kills it up to 100 and beyond :cry:
you dozy mong edd :lol:
the reason it's awesome up to 70/80 is because of the torque produced by the stroker kit and your tiddly little tubby.

it's all over by 100 cause the turbo is running out of puff pulling your fat as$ :twisted: :lol: :lol:

E

Edd

exactly mr spence :evil:

that is why i am expecting a sh*t 1/4 mile tomorrow because of the stroker and std turbo :cry:

but it'll be nice to see what it can do :D

GINGA

Edd said:
Ginga you c*ck my car is no way 340bhp :roll:

and yes i am only running 0.9 bar :shock:

i'm hoping for a good 1/8th mile time tomorrow but a sh*t 1/4 :cry:
The standard injectors and maf max out around 340ish bhp which is what you say they are doing :wink: which leaves the following things
1. Your a lying git and really running 1.4bar :lol:
2.you've got a large boost leak somewhere
3.your engine if flowing alot of air and hence power from not alot of boost

E

Edd

well its definitely not number 1, you can sit at the end of the strip and check the peak on my avcr if you don't believe me :D

it could be number 2 :oops: and i will check all hoses this afternoon :wink:

hoping it's number 3 8) but still doubt 340bhp, i think its probably maxing out cos of the higher torque rather than bhp :?:

S

stuart rawlinson

Or it cld be number 4 :roll:

All them lent bits Ent got used to working with one another yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

skiddusmarkus

oap-r said:
jaigtir said:
so im concentrating on having lots of low down torque
then all the more reason for getting a stroker kit :wink:

apart from having a stronger engine to allow for more power production,a stroker kit will apparently give you 7% more torque than a std 2 ltr engine.these figures were quoted by ashley (?) a couple of years back.i don't know how he came about with this conclusion but,in my case especially,it seems to have been proved.
That's a bit of a cruddy return-10% extra capacity for a 7% gain :lol: .

You can build a strong bottom end for the R.With a lot of looking and a bit of luck,I've found Jun crank studs,ARP rod bolts and Nismo headstuds.The crank is supposedly very strong as it is.

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
That's a bit of a cruddy return-10% extra capacity for a 7% gain :lol: .

You can build a strong bottom end for the R.With a lot of looking and a bit of luck,I've found Jun crank studs,ARP rod bolts and Nismo headstuds.The crank is supposedly very strong as it is.
i don't know how or with what parameters/variables that ash used.all i know is,i've got approx 7% more torque than power and it feels very fast :D

whether this ratio remains the same once the mapping is complete is anyone's guess.

as for the crank,yes it does have a decent amount of strength but,if you miss a gear when going for it on the track or when doing a 1/4 mile,all those fancy studs and bolts won't stop you twisted a big end :cry:

D

dpmc21

hey guys thanx for all the replies. This discussion has turned out to be quite interesting I think. I was all dead set on using a stroker kit, however, it seems that it will turn out to be alot more expensive using it that I had anticipated. I blew my engine on Friday night...didn't even get to the pod, however I did see a few peeps running theirs (which was nice). I gona rebuild it soon and I think I may just go with forged 86mm pistons. Do u think that with the right fueling and a TD-06 turbo I could get the sort of times that I am looking to get from the 2.0 engine???

Dom

E

Edd

go for 87mm pistons as 86mm is standard bore and it will need a rebore anyway.

you could get 10's on a 2.0, but to be honest i think getting 10's is a lot harder than you and everyone else thinks.

I'm aiming for mid to late 11's with 480ish bhp. Albeit in almost full road trim. If i can get the car in the low to mid 11's (doubtful) then i may invest in the headwork and cams to get that but quicker and strip the car out.

However i'm sure i will kill the box and diffs way before then :oops:

if you want 10's buy a skyline, it'd be cheaper than gettin an R into the 10's consitently and reliably.

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
go for 87mm pistons as 86mm is standard bore and it will need a rebore anyway.
you tell him edd :D

edd said:
you could get 10's on a 2.0, but to be honest i think getting 10's is a lot harder than you and everyone else thinks.
too right matey :D

edd said:
However i'm sure i will kill the box and diffs way before then :oops:
don't want to sound like the prophet of doom but,spot on again :D

edd said:
if you want 10's buy a skyline, it'd be cheaper than gettin an R into the 10's consitently and reliably.
very impressed with your comments this morning edd,not your usual pish i must say :twisted: :lol:

A

Anonymous

ashills said:
orr just sell the R and get an evo lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: evo's go through driveshafts and diffs quicker than the R does

D

dpmc21

Very fair points Edd, and I'd love a skyline, its just I wanna have a go at getting into the 10's with my R first, it's something different 'cos everyone has seen a skyline get 10's before. We'll see, you are all probably right but av got it into my mind to at least have a go, so wish me luck..LOL and see u on the strip sometime next year.

Dom