whats peoples opinions

shroom

True, but having to send my tax back to the DVLA by post was a hassle, now on the net it's much quicker and efficient.
Well yes an electronic system is better but the fact that you cant sell a car with tax is not great for potential buyers, if you have to travel far its a hassle to sort tax out if its a good car. Not that it happens that often but I sold a car recently and didn't really want him driving off with no official tax although it refunds you when you send the slip in automatically which is good.

shroom

doesnt look like i will be buying it now. He sold it a day before i agreed to go and view it without saying a word to me.
Wasn't that genuine after all, but then again money does talk and with these cars getting rarer its only going to get harder to buy one.

Hopefully you dodged a bullet there as it wasn't that great of a car.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
doesnt look like i will be buying it now. He sold it a day before i agreed to go and view it without saying a word to me.
Frustrating. - I guess it could be worse if you'd turned-up to find it was sold (especially if you caught the train).

Found another GTIR, put down a deposit and will be collecting it this friday from scotland. Also the current owner seems nice, just had brand new exceed stage 2 clutch fitted with new release bearing and gearbox fork selector. Got a few mods, EBC with boost turned up to 0.9Bar, HKS airlifted, HKS boost gauge, Mongoose Catback, warlbro fuel pump. there are a couple of bad points which is rear arches are bubbling slightly and scratch on bottom of the bumper. To be honest of the price I'm not to worried as I'm looking for a car i can do some work on over the next few years. As long as its mechanical sound then cosmetics can be sorted.

The guy sent me three videos of the car, one when driving to show gear changing, another when on boost and also shown through rear view mirror to show no smoke on over run or when boosting, the last video was turning the car on a letting it run on idle with the camera showing around the engine bay.

heres a picture of the GTIR

Cant wait to get in a nissan again especially a nissan with an SR20, I missed my old nissan since i had to break it.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Strange, thought I knew most of the R's up here. There's lots of pulsars in Scotland, it's almost like a spiritual home for them lol. Well she's a phase 2 car, looks pretty good from the pics! Where in Scotland is it? It was imported in 1998 so she's been here a while.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Good luck with this one, sounds better. I like you're last Nissan, did you do much drifting with it?

Good luck with this one, sounds better. I like you're last Nissan, did you do much drifting with it?
no drifting. I built it for grip and uk time attack series last year. Unfortunately couldn't compete as had to sell it to raise a deposit to buy a house so my new born daughter could live somewhere other than my parents house.
Now the house is sorted I need a quick car again that's why I'm getting a pulsar and I cannot wait