What is the Max boost on Standard Turbo

Ricky_GTi-R

GTiR_Mic said:
As I had on my Greddy controller it was 1 bar on low boost, 1.3 on high boost and when the controller was 0.5 bar.
Mic
yup thats what im after mate, 2 different settings, normal and fast road, and when times are tight switch the unit off and have standard boost levels. Anybody selling a Greddy boost controller?? :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
When I eventually get my car sorted, I'll proabably go with something like 1.1 and 1.3 or 1.4.

Ricky_GTi-R

Fast Guy said:
When I eventually get my car sorted, I'll proabably go with something like 1.1 and 1.3 or 1.4.
yeah thats what i was thinking, 1.1 for normal driving, and 1.4 for 1/4 mile or quick blasts etc

Gray

Nice just a couple of junctions up the M6 from me. The guys at Hiteq are good. Hopefully I wont see your car on Monday then if all goes well lol

Tell them to be ready for me on monday haha

G

GTiR Jon

Will do mate :lol: Better not still be there on monday :shock: Spending a small fortune as it is :p

Gray

Tell me about it, I've spent about 3k there after this time and thats only since September.

Hope it all goes well anyway!

C

Crazy

You should really ask Ian what he thinks first, as I have an upgraded Turbo Dynamics Roller Bearing MD214 that is good for 420bhp @ 1.7bar and Ian has said that he will not map it any higher 1.2bar :(

C

Crazy

Just has a full rebuild with HKS bits, he says that the compressor side of the turbo looks like it will produce 420bhp but the exhaust housing (0.64) looks too small for that power out put and will cause too much back pressure which will cause heat & det :roll: but before the rebuild I was running it @ 1.4bar where it produced 294 @ hubs 8)

Think Ian just likes to keep things reliable :D so I doubt he will map Gray's standard Turbo & standard internals @ 1.4bar :!:

JIMMYBACK

Crazy said:
Just has a full rebuild with HKS bits, he says that the compressor side of the turbo looks like it will produce 420bhp but the exhaust housing (0.64) looks too small for that power out put and will cause too much back pressure which will cause heat & det :roll: but before the rebuild I was running it @ 1.4bar where it produced 294 @ hubs 8)

Think Ian just likes to keep things reliable :D so I doubt he will map Gray's standard Turbo & standard internals @ 1.4bar :!:
he wouldnt map mine then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiffs

GTiR Jon & Gray are you getting the support tool (laptop software with your emanage)?

If so would not mind seeing the map after they have been mapped, as i have a blue emanage in my R which has been tweaked a bit but needs a bit more i think and i would not mind seeing the map afterwards if thats ok.

Im running zorst, filter, fmic, walbro, avcr at 1 bar but would like to up to 1.2 - 1.4bar :D

Gray

Ian said to me he will map it to what I like but I'll ask his advice on what to run it at when i see him a week tomorrow.

S

stokie1

ok, silly question which is the most important for the pistons

pressure, or flow rate of the turbo ?

as thinking of bolting on a big turbo and running 1 BAR :lol:

I have rebuilt my turbo and reinforced it 3year and 2500km ago..
I stay rebuilt my engine with all uprate internals anche 264 cam
second you it is possibile run at 1,5bar boost without problem??

how much bhp can realize at 1,5bar?

ashills

if it has a 360 degree thrust bearing then it should be able to run that sort of boost al day long with no issues u may need a better actuator to hold the boost to red line