What is the Max boost on Standard Turbo

Gray

I've been told by someone I know who has a Fiat Coupe that our turbos are the same and that he has been told by DP, RC etc that the standard turbo will only work at Max 1.3 bar?

Is there any truth to this? Anyone running a standard turbo at higher boost? I thought a few people ran 1.6 bar through standard turbos? I was aiming for 1.4 bar but 1.3 will be fine until I get another turbo.

Your thoughts please.

paz

IIRC I think someone ran one of ours at 2.0 bar, although how effiently and how long it lasted are a different matter :lol:

Paz

GTiR_Mic

Yeah then you will kill it.

I ran 1.3 bar on mine, produced 333bhp and 330l/b did push it to 1.4 bar a few times but not much.

I would say running 1.3/1.4 bar woould be enough.

Mic

Ricky_GTi-R

how much power do you reckon it produced at 1.4bar Mic? To run 1.4bar i take it its just a case of fitting a walbro, fuel controller and avcr then getting it set up sum place like Dastek?

GTiR_Mic

I reckon it would be pushing 340 or a bit over.

I was running with Walbro, Grade 8 plugs, Apexi Fuel Controler and it had been set up as well.

Mic

Ricky_GTi-R

GTiR_Mic said:
I reckon it would be pushing 340 or a bit over.

I was running with Walbro, Grade 8 plugs, Apexi Fuel Controler and it had been set up as well.

Mic
cheers mate, kind of boost controller were u using?

GTiR_Mic

Im still using a Greedy Prof B. I also had FMIC, Oil Cooler, clutch

Im only saying 1.4 bar to keep it safe and keep the turbo life good :lol:

Mic

Gray

My setup will be

FMIC
Greddy Profec B Boost Controller (1.4 Bar)
Greddy Emanage Fuel Computer
Walbro
700cc Injectors
Helix Organic Clutch
HKS Iridium Plugs

So that should see it easy for 1.4 bar and im aiming for 350bhp so thats sound. Only thing I don't have is the oil cooler. Is this essential? I will eventually get one.

Gray

Sorted then but I will get one anyway soon.

March 6th its going to Hiteq to fit the Emanage and injectors so will be 1.4 bar then. Which will be pretty much 350bhp so im happy.

Going a rolling road on 25th march aswell so should be good to see what I get. Same rolling road I went to a few months back with the guys off here. Was standard then - got 176bhp at the wheels haha.

Will be good to see how much its gone up.

G

GTiR Jon

Gray said:
Sorted then but I will get one anyway soon.

March 6th its going to Hiteq to fit the Emanage and injectors so will be 1.4 bar then. Which will be pretty much 350bhp so im happy.

Going a rolling road on 25th march aswell so should be good to see what I get. Same rolling road I went to a few months back with the guys off here. Was standard then - got 176bhp at the wheels haha.

Will be good to see how much its gone up.
Im going to hiteq on the 3rd of march to get my e-manage set up also :wink: Oh and an sbc3 8)

Gray

Cool how longs your car stayin there for? Mines only there for 6 hours.
Fitting an emanage should be fresh in their minds then for mine on the monday :D

G

GTiR Jon

Gray said:
Cool how longs your car stayin there for? Mines only there for 6 hours.
Fitting an emanage should be fresh in their minds then for mine on the monday :D
Taking it early friday and collecting it on saturday sometime :? They said they need it for 2 days as they have never seen it before (my car) so im just stopping in a hotel. Cant wait to get it back though :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ginga 1.8bar, look further down and you'll see he also has the most blown engines :wink:

The standard turbo might produce 1.8bar if pushed, but I wouldn't recommend it and I wouldn't expect it to last very long or be very efficient either. It will be producing alot of heat at that level and could well help to cause det and blow your engine.

Most people tend to run about 1.4bar max on a well set up engine. Again it still won't last as long at this level as it would at lower boost, but it will certainly outlast the 1.8bar level.

If you realy want to run 1.8bar or anywhere near, then I'd suggest forking out on an uprated turbo that is designed for the job, it could turn out cheaper in the long run. :wink:

Ricky_GTi-R

Fast Guy said:
Ginga 1.8bar, look further down and you'll see he also has the most blown engines :wink:

The standard turbo might produce 1.8bar if pushed, but I wouldn't recommend it and I wouldn't expect it to last very long or be very efficient either. It will be producing alot of heat at that level and could well help to cause det and blow your engine.

Most people tend to run about 1.4bar max on a well set up engine. Again it still won't last as long at this level as it would at lower boost, but it will certainly outlast the 1.8bar level.

If you realy want to run 1.8bar or anywhere near, then I'd suggest sodding out on an uprated turbo that is designed for the job, it could turn out cheaper in the long run. :wink:
what would you suggest is the best boost then mate? could have 2 boost settings, 1st settign for normal use( what ever u think) and perhaps 1.4 bar for those 1/4 mile drag occasions.

GTiR_Mic

As I had on my Greddy controller it was 1 bar on low boost, 1.3 on high boost and when the controller was 0.5 bar.
Mic