What is the best Exhaust for a GTI-R???

S

Spikey

What is the best Exhaust system for a GTI-R???????? :D

I was thinking about a mongoose system!
Are they any good?

A

ard1ey

They are ok, sound nice and do help the car breathe better :D . Downside is the material, they are put together well enough but mines had a new tailpipe and now it sounds like the centre section is on its way out (3 years old). Also, because its not all stainless bits will go rusty :( . Mongoose customer service is cack, if you have a problem.

S

Spikey

ard1ey said:
They are ok, sound nice and do help the car breathe better :D . Downside is the material, they are put together well enough but mines had a new tailpipe and now it sounds like the centre section is on its way out (3 years old). Also, because its not all stainless bits will go rusty :( . Mongoose customer service is cack, if you have a problem.

So what is the best pipe for Performance?

S

Stoned

I love the mongoose on mine. The engine pickup difference over the stock exhaust system is staggering.

Probably would get the same benefit from any other performance decat system though.

S

Spikey

Stoned said:
I love the mongoose on mine. The engine pickup difference over the stock exhaust system is staggering.

Probably would get the same benefit from any other performance decat system though.

What else is there arround?

kyepan

somone put a yanspeed on... doo die pop.. i think

turblio has somthing different too.

the scorpion is much quieter

S

Spikey

kyepan said:

So what do you say to the mongoose system?

kyepan

Spikey said:
kyepan said:

So what do you say to the mongoose system?
had one.. very fecking loud, loved it and hated it depending on my mood, can't comment on its performance in comparison to anything else, cos its all ive had.

when you want to go through the hatfield tunnel at 7k rpm with the goose on full song there is nothing like the thunderous rasping roar of the goose... same for any tunnel or enclosed space.. its magical, and makes your tests tickle.

but if you want to make quiet quick progress up the road without attracting huge ammouts of attention.. look else where, aint gonna happen, even at part throttle its just noise all the way.

put it this way, you can hear it clearly half a mile away, and furher when the wind is blowing the right way. thats rolling in 4th.. wharp it and its just like an air raid siren.

But for pure - raw -big - hairy donkey balls - look at me - i'm gonna eat your family car for starters - then move on to porkas for mains - and bmw's for afters.. its my choice.

Dan_GTiR

bengilmore said:
Some people have Scorpion exhaust.
Im sure they will tell you how they perform :D
I have a Scorpion on my R.

It is a lot quieter than a Goose, but has a nice sound on tickover and a good throaty roar when you give it a bit of the loud pedal. :D

Performance wise, can't really say as it was on the car when I bought it, so have nothing to compare it to.

Dan. :)

pete-r

what do you mean cat replacement?most exhausts are easy to decat or recat.ive been offered a sports cat(for trackdays,db levels)for £99 fitted :wink: .mines decatted just now.

S

Spikey

pete-r said:
what do you mean cat replacement?most exhausts are easy to decat or recat.ive been offered a sports cat(for trackdays,db levels)for £99 fitted :wink: .mines decatted just now.
What i mean is, do you feel a big difference with out a cat?

S

Spikey

pete-r said:
i wouldnt say a massive difference,but the car felt more responsive,and louder :wink: .
So what is your choice at the end of the day?