What Boost Controller???

B

Brett G

Going to buy a unichip from James (sweeny) on here and am going to take my car to Powerstation to have it fitted and set up at 1 bar.
Before when I phoned them they said that they could fit an extra chip or something for electronic boost control and it wasn't too expensive but now they don't do them due to problems or something. I was just wondering wether I should go with a (cheaper) mechanical devise or not?
What would you guys do? If the mechanical devise is not good then what electronic devise should i go for? Don't want to pay for a name or anything! Just want reliable accurate boost :D

Cheers

Brett

Sweeny

Just to let you know fella, i had a Greddy Boost Controller on it, with a simple button for high and low boost. :D

G

GAZ P

Better off staying away from bleed valves an electronic boost controler is far better, less chance of boost spikes, HKS, A'pexi, Greddy take your pick.

ashills

think i may even go back to a bleed valve or twin dawes device as they dont allow the sort of spiking a electric one does on a fast spooling turbo
just have to see what happens

M

Mr Overboooost

like sweeny said the profec b spec 2 or the profec e-o1 are the best ones in my opinion to use as i had a AVCR and suffered from terrible boost spiking everytime the weather got a bit colder.

cheers
gary

Dan_GTiR

While everyone is on the subject of boost controllers, I'd like your views on this one.

Blitz Dual SBC Type R

Cheers

Dan. :)

mattygti-r

that blitz is very very good....Stu runs it in his R, and Pete has it in his one

holds boost very good....good bit of kit

:wink:

B

Brett G

Cheers for all the advise guys, only just had a chance to have a look at the replies :wink:
I like the sound of the AVC-R but don't really have any room for the display and sort of want a bit of a cheaper option (if there is such a thing) :oops:
The evc5 how much are they and where can you get them from? Do they have a display? Or is that a silly question? :roll:
Hey James what was the greddy like? and how much? I like the sound of the simple high/low boost switch :D
Sorry I don't know a great deal about this subject (pretty much nothing at all :? ) But I wont learn until I get one myself :wink:

Cheers

Brett

S

srbpower

EVC's are at the top end of the price scale :cry: Pound for pound though you can't go wrong with a Greddy Profec B. Also the Blitz Spec S and R are worth a look.

Si :)

M

memski

My opinion: bleed valves aren't all that bad - setup for 0.8bar to account for any spikes. If you want a functional ebc then it has to be a Greddy profec B, no fancy screen - setting a and b, that's it. Make sure you get an aftermarket boost guage so you can keep an eyeon boost.

M

Mr Overboooost

you are also forgetting the greddy profec e-o1 which is the best boost controller i have used so far as i dont suffer from any boost spiking at all even when its very cold.

cheers
gary