Very hard to get into gears

A

Azumi

difficult gears

Xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Azumi

excellent .. cheers.. presume I shouod send Ashills a PM then..

S

Stoned

Nice, I'll get some of them but I cannot select 1st now at all so I suspect the gearbox is shafted :(

abyss

main shaft in box has probably snapped or is on way out happened to me was getting a rattle when sitting idleing but i could select every other gear apart from first im afraid its a rebuild. I wouldn't recommend driving it as i totally fucked the box completely. I would have saved money and hassel in the long run if i hadn't of used it but i couldn't resist.

S

Stoned

Actually it turned out to be the clutch and clutch arm

The clutch wasnt releasing and the arm was actualling snapping from metal fatigue :?

Both clutch and pivot arm have now been replaced and all is perfect.

boucherie

does anyone know if ashills has made any of these poly bushes up yet (if so what sort of cost inc del :?: ), as i think im going to need a set as i struggle to engage 1st and 2nd.
i was having a play with the clutch peddle setting the other week, so maybe ive gone to far, but even so it'd be good to replace the bushes just in case :roll:

antgtir

This used to happen to me, and as far as i know a few others too. The problem i had was that the withdrawel fork was snapped in two, it had slowly started to crack and over time got stressed to much due to the clutch being uprated and heavy genrally, this started to bend the fork which made it extremely hard to select gears, near impossible at the end until it finally gave way and bend so far that the clutch slave cyclinder piston popped out and clutch fluid was spread over the road :roll:

During this time, everytime i reversed mainly it would smell of burning clutch :cry: .

I would check this out and get it sorted asap mate, the less strain on the box the better imo :lol:

Goodluck mate.

Ant.