valve stem oil seals...

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Deffo get yor arse down to the meet, I'd like to see a new face there.

As for the oil seals mine normaly smoked when I changed gear and the vacume pressure in the engine changed and it puffed out a load of smoke.

Once changed its been clean as a whistle :thumb:

craigcarlon

ill be there so long as my pulsar comes along, ive just had a thought. when i got the car there is a receipt for an engine rebuild in november 2010.. surely the seals cant have gone in less than 2 years??? another thing, it was smoking like this when i get it but a little less, my a friend messed around with the vac pipes and put them as they should have been and it pretty much stopped, sinse my other friend put my new vac pipes in its smoking again!! his exact word where "ive put them back where they was before im not that thick" :roll: could it be because of them pipes? they where well and truely out of place when i got her!!

whytie

check intake and outlet on turbo to rule leaking seals causing blue smoke. Then do a compression test to rule out piston rings passing oil. After both those simple tests you can rule it down to valve stem oil seals

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
He hasn't dicked with the breather hoses has he? - There's actually a restrictor in one of them to stop oil mist getting into the inlet pipework, but if that has been removed it might be that's the problem.

Similarly, it's not over-full with oil is it? - That's a bit of a long-shot.

geoff pine

ill be there so long as my pulsar comes along, ive just had a thought. when i got the car there is a receipt for an engine rebuild in november 2010.. surely the seals cant have gone in less than 2 years??? another thing, it was smoking like this when i get it but a little less, my a friend messed around with the vac pipes and put them as they should have been and it pretty much stopped, sinse my other friend put my new vac pipes in its smoking again!! his exact word where "ive put them back where they was before im not that thick" :roll: could it be because of them pipes? they where well and truely out of place when i got her!!
As I have said the cars had some problems in the past and recently had its engine replaced ??it smokes at idle ?? It smokes off boost it smokes on boost ??it smokes on lift off .

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Will we see you on the 15th Geoff? - You could be helpful in troubleshooting as you know some of the history on this car.

P

pulsarboby

souns like a cacked ringland to me
as someone said do a compression test on her before removing or messing with anything

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You know how lazy I am; I don't do anything for myself if I don't have to. :lol:

P

pulsarboby

dont see why not you only need to read chris leigh,s post to know this car

ah yes i know all about this
give me a bell craig and il explain what i know

craigcarlon

bit of an update.. the lad who attempted to 'fix' my car has made a cock up.. something to do with crank pressure and having nowhere for the pressure to go? he bassicly laughed at how wrong all the plumbing is.. im not 100% on exactly what he said but i will confirm tomoz

williams

has he blocked off all the breathers on the rocker cover or something? havent read the whole thread.

craigcarlon

hes sent a pipe from the rocker cover, removed the catch can and sent it back into the engine! and also put all the vac hoses wrong so all the plumbing has been sorted out now and hes just waiting for new turbo gasket kit so hopefully back on the road tomoro :)